Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Virgin Pulse values and celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. As a global employer, we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. As we are committed to diversifying our company, we strongly encourage candidates that are historically underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Who you are
Virgin Pulse is seeking a motivated, resourceful, independent, and detail-oriented iOS Developer who has an interest in working with a remote team with diverse talents, backgrounds and experiences. You are driven by identifying opportunities for process improvements and can bring forward and execute on solutions. You are comfortable working with earlier stage products that are rapidly evolving and you naturally take pride and ownership in the quality of products your team develops and ships.
In this role you will wear many hats but your skills will be especially essential in the following:
- Experience in Ionic and other cross-platform tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- Flexibility to attend daily stand-up team meetings with members who are located around the worl
- Self-motivated, creative and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and as a team
What you bring to the team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer, you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to communicate proactively to keep your team members informed, flag possible risks early, and make recommendations for improvement.
- An aptitude for collaboration with other functional teams like design, product, technical implementation as well as our global engineering teams.
- Willingness to work with your Engineering Manager to continually evolve and refine best practices relating to your role as well as to workflow of the entire team.
- Excitement to work on a product that changes people’s lives.
- A genuine interest in how your work fits into the bigger picture of your team’s goals and of the company’s mission.
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Experience with cross-platforms such Cordova
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong engineering skills and software fundamentals in developing on iOS
- Experience meeting Apple’s design and technology guidelines.
- Experience developing, testing, shipping and supporting a product for hundreds of thousands of users is a plus
- Experience working in a team environment and collaborating with cross-functional group
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
*Please note that Virgin Pulse representatives will only communicate with you via our own corporate communication tools with virginpulse.com email addresses and through partnership with our Applicant Tracking System, iCIMS, which will clearly reference Virgin Pulse. We do not use third party apps like WIRE or WhatsApp to communicate.
At no time during the interview process will we ask you for secure PII data unless you are offered a job with Virgin Pulse. Should you be offered a job, and accept, you will be provided with secure links through our partnership with ADP.