Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Software Configuration Specialist III (Billing)
As a member of a project team, the Software Configuration Specialist III is an experienced resource responsible for delivering technical implementation tasks for customers. The Software Configuration Specialist III assumes ownership of designs and processes while working independently with little to no supervision, and may lead a small team in configuring, building and testing the application. The Software Configurations Specialist III is developing Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Software Configuration and is able to assist other teams in understanding the functional impact of various implementation options.
- Designs the software configuration and customization to meet the business process design and application requirements.
- Supports the Sales and Product Management and Client Delivery teams through knowledge of the product or product line by providing pre-sales support, solution planning, product management expertise and customer support.
- Develops a configured application prototype and conduct a client walkthrough to validate the configuration design and explore gap options.
- Works with and/or may lead a team of other developers, designers, and architects to make sure that the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals. Informs the technical architect and project manager of any issues that may affect any other areas of the project.
- Participates in code reviews and fix any defects and performance problems discovered in testing and participate in transitions of the application components to the testers
- Independently leads discussions with internal teams and the customer team.
- May assume project leadership responsibilities on teams, typically leading small teams
- Identifies risks, problems and solutions, and may exercise independent decision making for problems within his or her workstream, and defaults to a more senior resource for decisions impacting the broader project team, product and/or customer.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree required, or higher education level, or foreign equivalent, preferably in area with analytic emphasis
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience, preferably in implementing software applications
- Or Masters degree plus minimum of 3 years related professional experience.
- Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Platform solutions a plus
- Preferred experience in implementing P&C Insurance software applications
- Preferred experience in HTML, ASP, and XML
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Ability and experience performing analytical or quantitative activities in spreadsheet/database types of software applications.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Travel: At least 25-50%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.