Office Tour Photos
Software Architect- Media Asset Management
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation,we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. The Catalog Media - Asset Management team manages all of our media assets for those 14 million items and beyond. Media assets include images, videos, documents and 3D models. The Classify team within Asset Management is responsible for all of the data we have about all of those assets - data which enables both internal business processes and also ensures we are showing the best and most accurate digital media to our customers.
As a software architect, you will be responsible for being a technical leader who will help architect, design, and implement the tools and services to power the data workhorse that drives the usability of all Wayfairs media assets.
What Youll Do:
- Serve as a technical leader for a team of 4-6 engineers, including mentoring, breaking down work, and leading implementation
- Work cross-functionally with different roles and teams, such as product management, core areas of the business, and other engineering teams to understand the problems we need to solve, and solution against them
- Own the entire platforms architecture, and help make decisions to drive the technology platform and roadmap for the team to ensure current and future scalability and performance - youll be helping us solve some complex architectural problems!
- Implement and advocate for engineering best practices, helping level up the engineers inside and outside your team
- Demonstrate the drive to improve the team at every step, whether its leveling up your or the teams knowledge, making process improvements, or rearchitecting our platform for the next level of scale
What Youll Need:
- An ability to understand and make tradeoffs between different technologies and patterns
- Experience with large datasets and different data storage options
- 2-4 years of experience leading or mentoring technical teams
- Strong ability to balance the needs of the business with the needs of the platform
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders
More Jobs From