Office Tour Photos
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation,we make it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of millions of items across home furnishings, dcor, home improvement, housewares and more. The mission of our Competitive Intelligence team is to define, gather, analyze and distribute intelligence about products and competitors to enable market-based assessments of Wayfairs performance, guide targeted interventions, and track progress filling competitive gaps. This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with our Competitive Intelligence business partners and design techniques to gather and store a vast amount of competitive information at scale. The intelligence you gather will form the foundation of a valuable data system that will drive major business decisions across every major department at the company. The scope of impact is broad and ambitious; we want you to take pride and ownership in what youre building - a truly cutting edge Competitive Intelligence system unmatched in the industry.
As a software architect, you will be responsible for being a technical leader who will help architect, design, and implement the tools and services to power the data workhorse that drives the usability of Competitive Intelligence data assets.
What Youll Do:
- Serve as a technical leader for large group of engineers and engineering managers, including mentoring, breaking down work, and guiding implementation
- Work cross-functionally with different roles and teams, such as product management, core areas of the business, and other engineering teams to understand the problems we need to solve, and solution against them
- Own the entire platforms architecture, and help make decisions to drive the technology platform and roadmap for the team to ensure current and future scalability and performance - youll be helping us solve some complex architectural problems!
- Implement and advocate for engineering best practices, helping level up the engineers inside and outside your team
- Partner with Data Scientists in the design, development, implementation, and testing of large-scale automated algorithms
- Scale the current existing Machine Learning pipelines by improving resilience and performance
What Youll Need:
- Experience in leading development of new applications using technologies such a Python,.NET, SQL, Google Cloud Services such as Dataflow and Dataproc, messaging systems like Kafka, and in-memory cache technologies like Aerospike
- Containerized development using Docker, deployed to Kubernetes within a hybrid of both on-prem (WF's datacenters) and cloud (GCP/Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience working with large datasets and different data storage options. Google Cloud storage preferable
- Experience working with Spark, MapReduce, and other big data technologies to design algorithm pipelines to efficiently and rapidly process millions of products
- Experience with big data technologies and integrating machine learning models
- An ability to understand and make tradeoffs between different technologies and patterns
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders
More Jobs From