Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Software Architect to lead our Interoperability Zone within the Platform Services Engineering organization.
Virtually everyone in America has seen the effects of the healthcare industrys struggles to allow data to flow successfully between systems, when crucial information or test results arent available to the medical provider who needs it. This in turn is deeply challenging for any healthcare innovator as they try to connect to the data, they need to improve their patients health. Your job will be to help us leverage the broadest SaaS-based system in healthcare with more complete patient medical records than any other -- to fix it.
Your job will be to provide technical leadership in a fast-paced, data-driven environment. We have a highly collaborative organization where you will work within and across teams to architect/design/maintain systems and infrastructure that allow users, systems, and organizations to interact with athena as a network. But enough about us; lets talk about you.
You are an architect, wholl be able to understand the problem at hand, paint the technology strategy, architect a solution and roadmap, while maintaining the delicate balance between modernization and delivering business value. You work with fellow architects, engineers, and product managers to solve interesting problems at massive scale. You will be deeply engaged and hands-on in the full development lifecycle from designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring and improving our interoperability infrastructure.
The Team: The Interoperability zone primarily focuses on enabling product divisions to build/maintain FHIR-compliant API endpoints quickly and efficiently for use both internally and externally. We aim to deliver industrys best API platform and developer experience, as we also provide single, searchable, high quality, definitions of patients, providers and payers across athenas network that differentiates athena from the many siloed installations of healthcare technology systems in the market today.
We have many talented engineers that need a high-performance architectural leader to inspire, mentor, lead and help shape their designs.
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail
- Identify and influence the solution to complex technical issues. Build prototype and POCs to promote new technologies and processes
- Lead by example, delivering high-quality code for critical sections of the product and/or platform; champion quality standards, performance and scalability
- Provide cross-functional coordination and communication, and mentorship of less senior team members.
- Bachelors degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related technical field; and
- 5+ years of experience in a technical architect/leadership position
- Be able to weigh Pros & Cons of design patterns, articulate design decisions to Tech executives
- Strong designing knowledge for APIs (Restful/GraphQL API implementations), Micro services and Event Driven Architecture expertise, containerization, service discovery, service mesh etc.
- Proven experience building and deploying scalable apps using modern cloud platform technologies in applying them to real world problems (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Expertise in modern programming object-oriented languages such as C#, C++, Perl, Java, Python, and JS/React
- Deep database experience RDBMS and No-SQL
- Knowledge of health interoperability standards (FHIR, HL7, ANSI) and different healthcare systems (EHR, EMR, CDS) a plus
- Excellent understanding of scalable, cloud architectures and experience in applying them to real world problems
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From