We are looking for a great Social Media Manager to join our team and lead our social media efforts and community engagement across the company. This role will be responsible for developing, executing and, measuring our strategies across owned social platforms to drive brand awareness, engagement, and advocacy for Markforged. You will play a key role in the content strategy, development and deployment across our channels helping us create built-for-social content that reaches and engages the right audiences. This is an ideal role for someone who is self-motivated, creative, analytical, and collaborative. You should be very comfortable owning and running with initiatives. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a powerful growing company at a pivotal moment in its trajectory. Show us how youd like to grow and use data from your performance to show us how youd like to build out this team and make it a core driver in our marketing organization.
What will you own?
- Work as part of our Marketing Communications team, bringing your expertise to shape a revitalized approach to strategic social media marketing
- Determine, implement, and optimize the overall paid & organic social strategy across all social platforms.
- Lead global organic social engagement and community growth.
- Drive metrics reporting and analytics programs to measure efficacy of both paid & organic social campaigns/programs.
- Drive brand reputation management program
- Oversee the creation, testing, and optimization of content across channels while collaborating with best-in-class creative partners
- Lead the strategy, execution, and optimization of paid amplification budget of content across social platforms with internal partners on the Growth team
- Continually monitor performance and deliver a monthly and quarterly social scorecard outlining wins, learnings, and opportunities for innovation and expansion.
- Monitor industry news and competitor social channels to ensure Markforged is part of relevant conversations and continuing to stay ahead of topics/trends in the additive industry.
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- Deep knowledge and passion for social media native to the space
- A powerful collaborator. Someone who can be an advocate for what our growing community needs and sell that in with a dynamic team internally
- Driven to balance smart strategy with breakthrough content that performs against KPIs in addition to building the brand
- High visual and creative aesthetic filters can inspire and help develop strong creative content that contributes to brand affinity and advocacy
- Ability to navigate multiple stakeholders, platforms and communities to ensure that strategies/goals are understood and met
- Detail-oriented creative problem solver
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment managing across multiple shifting priorities
- Proven track record of leading through influence and delivering persuasive presentations to senior leadership
- Enjoys working on collaborative cross-functional teams
- Comfortable in a performance-based environment
- Ability to manage a content calendar with daily postings across several platforms (for the right hire, theres an opportunity to grow and add resources to manage day-to-day posting over time. At Markforged, we like to be hands-on first, before we create a plan to grow.)
- 5+ years in social media marketing, with a focus on B2B brands
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong analytic skills ability to use data to develop, optimize and measure social programs
- Active daily life in online and social media
- We use Apple computers and Google collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.