Social Media Manager
EF Education First
Cambridge, MA USA
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021, and this role will be based in our Boston office at that time.
Do you want one of those jobs where you get to manage the social media accounts of a big, mission-driven brand, but with the latitude and support to be nimble and try new things? The kind of job where you can make it matter? If so, the central Brand Team at EF is looking for you.
Were a small but mighty team tasked with telling the EF story to the world. And its quite a story to tell because our global programs help people try to understand one another. This opportunity lets you combine your passion for creating social content with your writing and channel distribution strengths into a unique, rewarding role. We also want you to help us shake things up, so a sense of humor and willingness to push for new and different ways of doing things is welcome.
Youre creative, detail-oriented, and motivated to take on big challenges and get things done. Social media is your love language, and you stay on top of the latest trends, features, and functionalities. Your enthusiasm for and expert knowledge of social media is obvious and energizes and inspires the people around you. Youre a great listener, and you also want to learn about our organization, our customers, and the world.
Sound like you? Then keep reading!
- Plan and manage the creation, posting, and optimization of day-to-day social media content across a range of channels focusing primarily on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter
- Master EF Education Firsts brand voice and represent EF Education First across all social channels
- Create FOMO-inducing social media content that builds our brand and drives engagement and traffic
- Work closely with teammates around the world to roll out brand stories across social
- Grow the EF social community by managing and creatively engaging fans
- Be the eyes and ears of our brand, listening to what our audience has to say
- Actively monitor, respond to, and escalate (when needed) inbound comments across all social media channels in real-time
- Report on content performance and present social insights and best practices
- Build creative assets for various social platforms when necessary
- Use social media tools to publish content, monitor conversations and trending topics, and gather performance metrics
- Stay super current with digital/social and consumer trends to make recommendations that make EF more relevant to our audiences
- Be an internal advocate for social media, relentlessly promoting the value of social media and aligning with other EF social media professionals
- A minimum of 3+ years of social media experience
- Top-notch writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent editorial judgment
- Proven history of growing social audiences and creating social media content with mass appeal
- Highly developed understanding of the type of content that drives engagement on social media channels and the ability to help others shape content that gets traction
- Knowledge and understanding of social channels and their role in peoples lives
- Excellent organizational skills, focus, and attention to detail
- Familiarity with social media management and publishing tools (i.e., Hootsuite, Later, etc.)
- Understanding of analytics and experience optimizing content A passion for travel, languages, cultural exchange, and experiential learning
Bonus Points if
- You are a video editing magician
- You know your way around Photoshop
Please include links to 2-3 social media channels youve managed as well as 3-5 samples of specific social media content pieces youve developed (please include at least 2 examples of post copy youve written). Candidates who do not submit samples will not be considered for this position.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.