Office Tour Photos
Social Media Designer
EF Gap Year | Contractor/Part-Time | Associate Level | Creative
EF Education First is looking for a passionate, skilled, and talented Social Media Designer to help grow the EF Gap Year brand across social channels.
This role is part graphic designer, part animator, and an expert in all things social media. This role will help design and build our unique brand presence, appealing to Gen Z high school and college students. Theyll work collaboratively with the marketing team to create thumb-stopping and meaningful content across platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, and LinkedIn. And theyll help inspire the next generation of travelers, do-gooders, and global citizens.
NOTE: Applications without online portfolios will not be considered.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has a deep understanding of (and appreciation for) the types of content that grab attention and create interest.
- Is on top of the latest trends in design and social media spaces, particularly with our target audience.
- Has extensive experience creating engaging designs and visual content for platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Demonstrates a true understanding of branding, and how to design for a brand.
- Is a Swiss army knife of design tools (graphics, animation, illustration, video editing, photo editing, photography, copywriting, 3D, 4Dthe more the better).
- Loves collaboration but is comfortable working independently.
- Is flexible and can work at a fast pace, understanding that done is better than perfect.
- Thrives on feedback and is not afraid of failure. Experiment, test, analyze and iterate should be your motto.
- Loves to learn (and share) new things.
- Is positive and energetic.
- Is invigorated by a fast-paced environment.
- Youll work closely with a small but agile team to create graphics and video content with delightful and engaging visual design.
- Focus on evolving the ways in which we engage with customers online.
- Scale our brand expression across disciplines and customer touchpoints.
- Propose and explore new ideas to keep our social media voice relevant and innovative.
- Develop, maintain, and consistently innovate on the design, templates, best practices, and visual content of our brand on social platforms.
- A strong portfolio of responsive work that demonstrates breadth, creativity, and innovation.
- Inside-out knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience with After Effects, Final Cut Pro, and/or other motion editing software
- Experience developing high-performance digital assets (Facebook, Instagram. Pinterest, etc...)
- 3+ years industry experience as a social media designer or related discipline. Ad agency experience is a plus
- Demonstrate extremely strong visual sensibilities, ability to use visual thinking, storyboards, sketching, and communication design to create breakthrough product experiences
- Have a deep understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, composition, layout, etc.) and a strong command of industry best practices in interaction design, usability and accessibility
- Experience collaborating with marketing teams
- Comfortable giving and receiving critical design feedback
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
More Jobs From