This is a temporary Co-op role designed for currently enrolled students (either as an undergrad marketing major OR a graduate student). The position begins in July 2021 and ends December 2021. This is a paid opportunity (hourly) and includes a 40-hour work week.
edX seeks our first Social Media Co-Op to help us bring our new social media strategy to life. As part of the Brand Marketing team, you will focus on assisting the Social Media Associate in implementing strategies to drive organic growth and engagement across edXs social media channels. Youll report into our Social Media Associate, and be part of our Brand Marketing team (home to approximately 10 edXers).
- Work with the Social Media Associate to help execute social media strategies across edXs social channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) to ultimately drive brand awareness, audience growth, and engagement.
- Assist in maintaining and organizing the social media calendar.
- Create, schedule, and publish content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn on an ongoing basis: including reposting relevant UGC.
- Collaborate with Creative (Designer and Copywriter) to create social media content.
- Lead community management by interacting with followers and members of the edX Community Facebook group.
- Use existing social analytics tools to gather insights and create reports to share with the broader team.
- Leverage social listening in performance reporting and as part of community management.
- Some social media management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Entry-level understanding of marketing strategy
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn
- Fluency in social media platforms, and keeps up with online trends and emerging platforms.
Why Youll Like it Here
- edX is collaborative at its core. Youll work within your team and across the organization, allowing for continuous learning and discovery.
- Were on a mission to unlock our learners potential on a global level, seeking to create a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive world.
- We set outcomes that matter and provide value in all that we do, from building meaningful products to serving the edX community.
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
About the role:
- This is a temporary Co-op position.
- Applicants must be enrolled in school (either as an undergrad marketing major OR a graduate student).
- The Co-Op will run July 2021 - December 2021.
- This is a paid opportunity (hourly) and includes a 40-hour work week.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, weve brought together more than 38 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And were not stopping thereas a global nonprofit, were relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.