SOC Tier 2/3 Analyst
TripAdvisors next generation SOC features a dedicated Threat Hunting team designed to proactively detect advanced threats that evade traditional security solutions. Threat hunting includes using both manual and machine-assisted capabilities, and aims to find the Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) of advanced adversaries. The candidate must have a curious investigative mind, an interest in information security, and the ability to communicate complex ideas to varied audiences. The Threat Hunter will be a key member of the SOC team responsible for participating in threat actor based investigations, creating new detection methodology and providing expert support to incident response and monitoring functions. The focus of the Threat Hunter is to detect, disrupt and the eradication of threat actors from the enterprise networks. To execute this mission, you will use data analysis, threat intelligence, and cutting-edge security technologies.
- The Security Operations Center (SOC) Security Analyst serves in a SOC team, is responsible for conducting information security investigations as a result of security incidents identified by the Level-1 security analysts who are monitoring the security consoles from various SOC entry channels (SIEM, Tickets, Email and Phone). You will provide analysis of Information Security Events received from Managed Security Service (MSS) Partners, Internal Tools, and Stakeholders; determine true or false positive; and execute appropriate response procedures.
- The SOC Security Analyst is expected to have a solid understanding of information security and computer systems concepts and should be ready to work in shifts.
- An engineer in this position act as a point of escalation for Level 1 SOC security analysts (Managed Security Service Partner) in support of information security investigations to provide guidance and oversight on incident resolution and containment techniques.
- Responsible for conducting information security investigations as a result of security incidents identified by the Level 1 security analyst who are monitoring the security consoles from various SOC entry channels (SIEM, Tickets, Email and Phone), act as a point of escalation for Level-1 SOC security analysts in support of information security investigations to provide guidance and oversight on incident resolution and containment techniques.
- Act as the lead coordinator to individual information security incidents.
- Mentor security analysts regarding risk management, information security controls, incident analysis, incident response, SIEM monitoring, and other operational tasks (tools, techniques, Procedures) in support of technologies managed by the Security Operations Center.
- Document incidents from initial detection through final resolution.
- Participate in security incident management and vulnerability management processes.
- Lead internal threat / unintended threat hunting/deception activities.
- Coordinate with IT teams on escalations, tracking, performance issues, and outages.
- Works as part of a team to ensure that corporate data and technology platform components are safeguarded from known threats.
- Communicate effectively with customers, teammates, and management. Prepare Monthly Executive Summary Reports for managed clients and continuously improve their content and presentation. Provide recommendations in tuning and optimization of security systems, SOC security process, procedures and policies.
- Define, create and maintain SIEM correlation rules, customer build documents, security process and procedures. Follow ITIL practices regarding incident, problem and change management.
- Staying up-to-date with emerging security threats including applicable regulatory security requirements.
The skills required for this candidate
- Bachelor's Degree / Diploma or equivalent experience in a relevant area of study with a preference for Information Security, Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Excellent English written and verbal skills. Preferred Information Security professional certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, GSEC, CEH.
- 3-5 years previous Security Operations Center Experience in conducting security investigations.
- Security monitoring experience with one or more SIEM technologies - ELK, IBM QRadar, LogRhythm, Splunk.
- Demonstrate skills in digital investigations including: computer forensics, network forensics, malware analysis and memory analysis.
- Ability to analyze data, such as logs or packets captures, from various sources within the enterprise and draw conclusions regarding past and future security incidents.
- Self-starter, work independently and adjust to changing priorities, critical and strategic thinker, negotiator and consensus builder.
- Strong knowledge of IT including multiple operating systems and system administration skills (Windows, Linux, Mac).
- Strong understanding of security incident management, malware management and vulnerability management processes.