Location: London, Boston, New York
Snyk is looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, and pleasant attorney to join the growing Snyk Legal function and to support the Sales team with commercially-driven legal advice, strong drafting skills and a tenacious, "can-do" work ethic.
As Senior Commercial Counsel at Snyk:
You will be based in Boston, New York or London and you will report to the General Counsel in London. You will have excellent contract drafting and business negotiation skills gained in both private practice AND in-house. You'll use that knowledge to negotiate and close B2B deals with enterprise customers. We use Slack & Zoom to collaborate internally and you will be used to dealing with the demands of a fast-paced, high growth environment. We are open to home-based candidates who are based between Eastern time and GMT.
You'll Spend Your Time:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements, including software licensing and SaaS.
- Advising and counselling internal business clients, including software engineering teams, on usage of Open Source Software (OSS) and provide guidance related to OSS compliance and disputes.
- Training the Sales team, updating legal playbooks and improving contracting documents and processes.
- Assisting with legal department projects, including efforts to develop, implement and enhance processes that improve transaction velocity without material increases in risk.
- Anything else that gets thrown your way as needed to support a dynamic, innovative company.
You Should Apply If:
- You have a minimum of eight years of experience, of which a minimum of two years has been spent in-house at a high-growth tech company.
- You have experience in drafting and advising clients on technology-related commercial agreements, including software licensing, strategic partnerships and reseller arrangements.
- You are able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks whilst remaining cheerful and resilient.
- You enjoy communicating complex ideas in simple language to non-lawyers.
- You can demonstrate how to balance risks and rewards against a backdrop of competing priorities and stakeholders.
- You are a qualified lawyer with at least 5 years post-qualification experience in either the UK or the USA or hold dual qualification in any European jurisdiction and a common-law jurisdiction.
We'd Especially Love to Hear From You If:
- You have some experience of securities, financing, M&A and/or employee stock options.
- You have dual qualification in a European jurisdiction.
- You have a background in software engineering.
Snyks mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure. The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/).
Snyks unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us!
By September 2020, Snyk was already adopted by over 1.5M developers, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). Our September 2020 Series D funding round of $200M has put us at over $2.5Billion company valuation.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and were building Snyk to make it easier for developers who arent security experts to stay secure.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment weve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech and law. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether youre the right person, do apply anyway :)
More Jobs From