Casa Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that deliver voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Small Cell Project Engineer to join our team based at our Andover, MA, USA, headquarters located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Small Cell Project Engineer is an important resource who works daily with Casa's key customer accounts and development teams to support product deployment and troubleshooting of RAN products in a customer lab and production environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for integrating and deploying RAN products for Wireless Service Providers focused in the areas of licensed LTE small cell solutions, service provider Wi-Fi, mobile packet core, security, and virtualization solutions.
- Carries out cross-functional interaction with development teams and customers to drive the completion of configuration, integration and troubleshooting activities in accordance with defined project timelines and customer Service Level Agreements.
- Performs integration and testing of Casa products in customer lab/s and production environments, investigation and resolution of issues in lab, field trial, and early deployments.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent discipline.
- 2+ to 5 years of related RAN, Small Cell and Small Cell testing experience required.
- Experience analyzing and measuring LTE parameters like RSRP, RSSI, RSRQ, & SINR.
- Hands on experience with LTE call flow procedures.
- Advanced IP internetworking knowledge.
- VoLTE knowledge required.
- Experience working with XCAL, Prisma and other channel emulators.
- Understanding of S1AP/SCTP/IPsec protocols.
- Experience working on Linux platforms including using editor tools such as VI, EMACS.
- Experience in troubleshooting using small cell traces and Wireshark traces.
- Experience and technical knowledge with 3GPP GSM/GPRS/UMTS and SAE/LTE access technologies including Multi-band, multi-frequency Small Cells, Wi-Fi and L-AA.
- Knowledge of IPSec and IKE protocols.
- Theoretical knowledge of TR-069.
- Experience with DOCSIS Backhaul knowledge considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience working with wireless providers.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug testing.
- Able and willing to travel up to 50% primarily throughout US and Canada; including customer sites.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Andover, Massachusetts, United States
More Jobs From