Casa Systems, Inc. is a leading provider of next-generation broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that deliver voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Small Cell Principal Engineer to join our growing team based in Andover, MA, USA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Small Cell Principal Engineer is a vital role in the wireless mobility organization performing design, development, debug and RF planning of high performance, robust 4G RAN solutions incorporating disaggregated small cell and C-RAN architectures and integration with the LTE macrocell environment. The role will extend to 5G deployment and integration as the technology is deployed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a senior member of the RAN engineering team, he/she develops 4G LTE and 5G small cell and distributed C-RAN architectures based on operator requirements.
- Wireless expert with strong hands-on technical skills and detailed understanding of RF transceiver architecture, LTE/5G Baseband, and multi-antenna systems incorporating MIMO, MU-MIMO, mMIMO, Beamforming (hybrid/digital) techniques.
- Expert level knowledge on L2/L3 Protocol Stack architecture and interaction with the L1 Physical Layer.
- LTE/small cell Hetnet analysis and optimization.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging SON technologies for LTE and 5G and it’s application in wireless network optimization.
- Demonstrated ability to work across disparate groups including sales, product management, operations and possesses the capability to proficiently represent Casa Systems technology in customer facing roles.
- LTE/5G system feature verification – debug issues using Wireshark, eNB/UE logs, QXDM/XCAL to drive root cause analysis.
- Demo support and lab trial test case planning, integration and execution in the operator’s core network.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science; or equivalent work experience required.
- 7+ to 10 years of hands-on experience in LTE RAN engineering.
- Expert knowledge of LTE architecture and related 3GPP standards.
- Familiarity with 5G NSA, SA and related 3GPP standards.
- Demonstrated IP networking skills with high level understanding of the 4G Core equipment elements: Sec-GW, HeNB-GW, MME, S-GW, P-GW, HSS.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following RF planning tools: Atoll, Ranplan, iBwave.
- Programming language experience: C and/or C++
- Scripting language experience: Python
- Linux/Unix operating system knowledge and shell scripting.
- Creative and self-motivated, ability to design, develop and debug solutions to complex performance and optimization issues encountered in an integrated macro - small cell deployment (Hetnet).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to clearly outline issues and present potential solutions.
- Able and willing to travel up to 20% globally, as required.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
More Jobs From