Office Tour Photos
Who We Are
We are a small team that architects, deploys, and manages the AWS infrastructure for Twitter’s live media streaming services. Because of the startup origins of Periscope and Twitter’s live streaming stack, our team has a broader set of responsibilities than a typical big company infra team. We get the ownership and outsize impact you would expect at a startup but with the stability and career opportunities of a successful, larger company.
Our responsibilities include:
- Orchestrating fleets of AWS instances and their Docker containers
- Managing databases, memory caches, storage, lambdas, queues, notification services
- Setting up Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network topologies and security groups
- Configuring CDNs
- Keeping OSs, AWS services, and language versions up to date
- Monitoring and optimizing costs
- Monitoring OS and software vulnerabilities to keep us up to date.
- Managing interservice authorization, ensuring least privilege access.
- Reviewing designs and assisting developers with architecting services
- Load testing
- Assisting service owners alert response and scaling
- Providing and supporting build environments for all services
- Providing and supporting deployment systems for all services
- A track record of delivering low-maintenance infrastructure-as-code solutions
- Extraordinary communication abilities and excellent design documentation practices.
- Demonstrated the ability to write modular, secure, and well tested code
- A track record of crafting and implementing complex software services and making excellent design decisions
- Strong Python experience. Go, Scala, C++, or Java experience fluency in addition preferred
- A solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Comfortable in a small, fast-growing, and dynamic development environment
- A desire to meet the challenges of scale
- Significant experience working with the APIs for GCP or AWS
- Experience with security and auditing in cloud environments
- Comfortable working in Linux environments
- Understanding of networking in cloud environments
- 2+ years of industry experience with large-scale distributed systems
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
More Jobs From