Site Reliability Engineer, Configuration Management
100% Remote US Based
Wayfair is a leader in the e-commerce space for all things home. We live and breathe modern technologies. We are a move fast break things, rethink old standards team with a startup feel but working with platforms at a massive scale.
Were looking for smart, logical thinkers who produce and advocate for performant and scalable architecture. We care about thought leadership, community involvement, and the ever-changing SRE landscape. Were particularly interested in engineers who can help us develop our Platform scaling and Config management strategy and help us adopt, implement and support popular mainstream configuration management platforms like HashiCorp Consul, Puppet, HashiCorp Vault into our existing infrastructure for the purposes of automation and ease of use for both internal and external stakeholders.
On the Platform Engineering team as a Site Reliability Engineer youll have a multitude of opportunities to flex your strengths as well as learn new things while directly assisting our internal customers. We contribute to (and create) bleeding-edge open source projects and continuously push the envelope to explore the future of e-commerce and modern infrastructure systems. Our current scale is in 20,000+ systems comprising 50+ platforms and services (and growing fast!) across multiple global geo locales and GCP regions.
What Youll Do:
- Manage central platforms as a service for rapid growth and scale that enable a developer community of 2,000 write and deploy code multiple times/day
- Develop monitoring, define SLAs, SLOs and error budgets for mission critical platforms while helping coordinate product launches and reliability exercises
- Write clean, high-performance, and well tested, infrastructure code with a focus on reusability and automation (Shell, Python, GoLang, Puppet)
- Help determine the future roadmap of platforms and services in service discovery, configuration orchestration, and secret management
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for both self-service and onboarding
- Help build our team out by mentoring junior engineers and help develop their skills while assisting them on projects
What Youll Need:
- 6+ years of experience in systems and/or software engineering and the SRE and DevOps paradigms
- Experience in one or more programming languages used in modern infrastructure paradigms (Ruby, Python, Go, PHP, etc.), as well as familiarity with version control platforms such as Git
- Experience working with configuration and orchestration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, HashiCorp Consul and HashiCorp Vault)
- Experience deploying and managing infrastructure within a public cloud provider as a part of a hybrid environment with high availability requirements
- Expertise in performance testing tools and SRE best practices
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.