Site Reliability Engineer
You will be a key contributor to our world-class engineering team to specify, design, build and support the core systems that enable Hopper to grow and scale as a global travel disruptor. Youll work with our other engineers on continually optimizing our microservices architecture, building automated fault tolerance, and helping us expand beyond our data centers to the Cloud. Your deep technical engineering knowledge will enable us to continually automate our production operations and follow a true DevOps methodology.
In this role, you will:
- Drive further automation of systems, processes, and services by using containerization and technologies like Kubernetes
- Drive our CI/CD culture by creating and improving engineering tools
- Evolve monitoring, incident response, and on-call processes
- Leverage public Cloud platforms (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS)
- Expand disaster recovery options by leveraging on prem and cloud infrastructure
- Help us develop our security policies and procedures as Hopper grows to a dominant global business
A perfect candidate has:
- Experience managing Linux at scale, both on prem and in the Cloud
- Expertise with automation tools (Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible)
- Experience working in a cross-functional, agile development environment
- Experience developing a strategic partnership with product engineering teams, to define technology scope and solutions
- A proven track record of incident response and on-call process improvements
- Technical depth to help define infrastructural roadmaps
- A knowledge of security best practices as they apply to production services
About the team
Our engineering team cares deeply about the growth and success of Hopper, and tries to deliver the best possible experience we can to our more than 25 million users. Work on an award winning product that our customers love and continue to find exceptionally useful in a market and space that is continually growing every year.
Hopper is the smart way to book travel on your phone. Combining massive amounts of data and advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper predicts and analyzes airfare and accommodation to save users money and enable them to travel more often.
Since its launch in 2015, Hopper has become one of the fastest growing travel apps ever with over 30 million installs to date. It is now the most downloaded flights booking app in North America and travelers have booked hundreds of millions of dollars in flights and hotels around the world using Hopper.
The app has received accolades such as Fast Companys Most Innovative Company in Travel 2018, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016, and Apples App Store Best of 2015.
- Well-funded and proven startup with larger ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
- Access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, all on us
- In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artists loft in the Mile End
- Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or paid parking
- IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
- Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and healthy snacks
- Team lunches, off-site activities and much more!