Site Reliability Engineer
Were reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Building the possibilities.
Were growing rapidly. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will help us continue running our applications smoothly as our business scales. DraftKings solves some of the most interesting challenges in the tech industry, and when you join our team, youll have the opportunity to see your ideas and solutions directly impact our products.
What youll do as a Site Reliability Engineer:
- Create self-provisioning infrastructure using tools like Chef, Terraform, and Docker.
- Define key metrics and SLAs around new web services being created to support our rapid traffic growth.
- You will design and implement monitoring and alerting strategies to enforce application SLAs
- Create platform-as-a-service environments where entire subsets of our architecture can be created and destroyed cleanly and reliably.
- You will also foster a continuous deployment ecosystem that will allow DraftKings to operate at a massive scale.
What skills you will use:
- Deep understanding of common scripting languages. Powershell is a plus.
- Experience working with at least one object-oriented language.
- Working knowledge of networking and web concepts and ability to debug issues down to the packets.
- Experience with distributed systems and the challenges with operating them as they scale.
- You also have extensive experience with cloud environments and provisioning automation.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
Were proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. Well never discriminate against anyones background or creed. If youre good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.