We are a rapidly growing company thats revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Shipping Manager will work directly with Team Leads & Ops Reps in ensuring that all outbound orders are pulled and fulfilled accordingly against commitment dates. They will work directly with Customer Success teams to mitigate any shipping and fulfillment issues. The Shipping Manager is responsible for ensuring that resources are allocated efficiently while striving to complete shipment deadlines without any compromise on quality in a fast paced, volume driven, ecommerce fulfillment environment.
What you will do:
- Liaise between all of the external stakeholders to coordinate shipping schedules and assign resources efficiently
- Develop, monitor, improve & present Shipping KPI reports
- Work directly with Customer Success to mitigate any potential issues with regards to product availability and potential impact to roll out schedules
- Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments
- Direct the flow of packages from receiving to preparation/picking to shipment
- Control budget of the shipping departments
- Collaborate across leadership to optimize processes
- Resolve issues regarding shipped orders
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction
- Provide direct and ongoing leadership for a growing organization while assisting individual contributors in building, configuring, testing, and shipping Toast hardware
- Working with domestic and international shipments, including knowledge of primary international carriers and their processes (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.)
- Advanced leadership and communication skills, including coaching, team building, conflict resolution, and management
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Bachelors Degree required
- General management experience preferred
- Five years of applicable work experience required
- Strong knowledge of hazardous materials shipping regulations and procedures
- Knowledge of international shipping regulations and documentation including ITAR/EAR, AES/EEI, and commercial invoices required
- Experience with ERP systems required, experience with SAP ECC highly desirable
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills required
- Demonstrated capabilities in presenting ideas written and orally within a cross-functional environment required