Service Desk Engineer
The Service Desk Engineer will provide first-class services, solutions and support to both local and remote associates. The ideal candidate will have prior experience as a Service Desk Engineer, supporting a wide array of hardware and software for a fast-paced and high-energy environment. As part of the Service Desk Team, you will utilize a wide range of technologies and best practices, combined with deep knowledge of HealthEdge’s standards and security requirements, to provide top notch customer support.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Addressing all end user requests that come in via Ticketing system, phone, email and Slack
- Documenting procedures, best practices and performing training or application support as needed
- Responsible for researching and solving IT endpoint hardware problems/issues
- Support the software upgrade cycle, including the development of IT process and procedures behind keeping machines and software current
- Support of end user mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, Android)
- Assist on Corporate IT and Customer impacting projects as needed.
- 24/7 on-call duty may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong orientation to customer service and delighting customers
- Successfully executes all assignments timely and within acceptable quality levels
- Asks for help and works collaboratively with team members when issues present themselves; does not settle for not knowing the outcome or resolution steps for important issues
- Effective communicator/documenter – documents process and trains team members with ease
- Identifies knowledge gaps and closes them; demonstrates consistent intellectual curiousity and drive to learn more and self-develop himself/herself
- Perform all job functions consistent with HealthEdge policies and procedures, including those which govern handling PHI and PII.
1-5 years’ experience with Windows (Client & Server), and Mac (Client) operating systems and troubleshooting problems with Windows-related software, including:
- Active Directory Users and Groups
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills across multiple platforms. (HW, OS, Network, etc.)
- Ability to field Tier I-III support requests, via ticket, email, slack, phone and ad-hoc walk-ups
- Well organized with strong HW\SW inventory, asset\license management and capacity planning abilities
- Working knowledge of deploying and troubleshooting client endpoints (Win10, OSX)
- Flexibility to provide after-hours support on a rotational basis
Preferred/Nice to have:
- Associate degree in computer-related disciplines or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Enterprise Collaboration tools (SharePoint, Slack, Zoom, Webex)
- Experience with Endpoint Security software
- Ability to deploy and support misc. office equipment (printers, projectors, video conf.).
- Knowledge of VOIP or UCaaS in an enterprise setting
- Experience with Networking (L2/L3) concepts.