Software Innovation Engineers - Solaria Labs (Software, Senior & Principal levels)
Who we are:
Solaria Labs was created by Liberty Mutual Insurance with one simple mandate: to bring disruptive innovations that make a better, safer future. We pursue this mandate by building and testing experimental new products based on customer-centric research around emerging trends.
Why you may enjoy working at Solaria:
As an Innovation Software Engineer in Solaria Labs, you will build disruptive new products as part of an agile product development team. Our engineers are involved in product development from concept to launch. We are looking for front end, back end, and full stack engineers: many of our products are consumer facing web or mobile apps that implement advanced data science algorithms.
You want to be part of a collaborative innovation lab: experience both heads down coding time as well as active participation in consumer research, ideation, and product design.
You like exploring emerging technologies including natural language processing/understanding and computer vision, and emerging trends like insuretech/fintech and the sharing economy.
You are passionate about building and iterating on software prototypes, thrive in an R&D environment, and have a start-up mentality.
You may also enjoy building custom algorithms, digging into data for insights, building engaging interfaces and always looking to sharpen your skills with emerging technology or participating in hackathons and meetups.
Youre good at and offer:
- Bachelors degree, ideally with a focus on CS or Engineering with 5+ years of experience designing and building software. We are open to less experienced developers as well with relevant modern web stack development. Bonus points if you have startup or product development experience from concept to production.
- Knowledge of a variety of programming languages to solve a variety of problems from web applications to low-level algorithm development. Specific skills needed depends on role, but we use the MERN stack for some products and various Python frameworks for others.
- Experience with data modeling, storage and management leveraging SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with cloud-first deployment models, microservice architectures and integration with cloud services.
- Experience with data science technologies and/or experience coordinating with data science teams. Experience with algorithms focused on geo-spatial concepts is a plus.
- Experience with testing frameworks and CI/CD pipelines.
- Motivated for constant learning, proactive collaboration, and strong sense of responsibility.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
Other great things to know about Solaria Labs:
Weve already launched a few products and one company since we started for examples, see www.totalhomescore.com, powered by developers.solarialabs.com, www.trydwellbeing.com and https://www.getcertainly.com/ . We also focus on applying emerging technologies like machine learning and telematics to improve our insurance-focused business operations. As part of a Fortune 100 company, we have a lot of data to work with and opportunities to improve the lives of thousands of employees and hundreds of thousands of customers! We are growing fast, building a team of innovators who are passionate about technology, entrepreneurial, willing to experiment with the latest open source technologies, and excited about building new products from scratch. Check out www.solarialabs.com for more details!!
Benefits & Culture:
At Liberty Mutual, we embrace all of the values of our Fortune 100 company and push our practices and technology skill sets to the next level. In this organization, we are an agile set of teams dedicated to helping impact the lives of thousands of customers every day. We embrace a modern co-working style with exceptional work/life balance, ergonomic work areas, substantial benefits, and best-in-class amenities.
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More:
More Jobs From