Senior Web Developer
The Traveler Experience team is responsible for our the overall experience on the site. We are responsible for common UX elements, site information architecture, the home page and other key surfaces, as well as our travel planning tools. We are in the process of re-platforming all of our front end code from legacy home grown technologies to industry standards- react / redux / graphql / web components. We are looking for someone who can bring their experience and help the team define best practices. This role will help to build out the core surfaces of the site (Social / Home / Profile / Feeds, etc). We are looking for someone that can both drive progress on projects as well as help set patterns for other engineers to follow making the entire team more efficient.
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site*, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 630 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide covering approximately 7.5 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 455 million average monthly unique visitors**, all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.
What you will do
- Write codeit's an engineering role, after all.
- Work with your team, as well as other groups like product management, design, plus others, to bring your projects to fruition.
- Touch whatever level of code required in order to complete your project although, we are looking for someone to drive user facing features for our team.
- Be creative and pragmatic when solving the problem you are working on.
- Be a mentor for others on the team.
- Move quickly. We have a daily release so build it and ship it!
What you will bring to the team
- A want to learn
- An open mind
- The desire to move quick
- 6 or more years of experience as a professional engineer.
- The understanding that done is often a better option for us than perfection.