Senior Video Producer
Wistia is looking for a Senior Video Producer to help us maintain, preserve, and grow the Wistia brand with video.
Have you led a freelance video production business? Have you shot a ton of weddings or music videos? Are you resourceful and self-sufficient? Do you love gear? Are you looking to continue to make better work? Do you want to leave the freelance world behind and have a more balanced lifestyle as a creative? If you answered yes to at least half of these questions we should talk.
Key responsibilities include:
- Producing videos start to finish.
- Support our Marketing, Product, and Sales teams by brainstorming, writing, shooting and editing videos for our customer-facing projects.
- Deliver a variety of video needs, including videos for product launches, landing pages, educational content and advertising campaigns.
- Work with the Creative team to maintain the qualityand push the boundariesof the Wistia brand as it pertains to video.
This job might be for you if you:
- Have a deep knowledge of DSLR, mirrorless, and/or cinema cameras. Nikon users need not apply.
- Have an understanding of lighting, composition, and audio techniques.
- Are comfortable directing people on camera.
- Have knowledge of Adobe Premiere and/or Final Cut X. After Effects and the willingness to learn After Effects would be helpful but not necessary.
- Are interested in tackling the whole video-creation process, from concept & script to customize & embed.
- Understand that bad ideas are a part of the creative process. Develop a knowledge of when to fight for an idea and more importantly when to let it go and move on.
- LOVE media. From personal to professional videos, your work should be an indicator that you have a passion for video.
In your first three months, you can expect to:
- Have your lunch stolen by Lenny
- Make some videos that you're really proud of
- Get a deeper understanding of the Wistia brand, voice, and tone
- Collaborate with other teams at Wistia to promote our products and educate our audience
Your success will be measured by:
- The quality of the work, ideas, and approaches you contribute to our team
- Your ability to hit deadlines and empower other teams to move quickly
- Work that displays an understanding of Wistias long-term strategy
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company were building on our blog. Check out our jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in each other, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare, dental and vision coverage for you and your family and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 12 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA we're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, fancy boba popups, and even a dog park
If this sounds exciting to you, we hope you'll get in touch, so we can continue to build a great company and product together!