Office Tour Photos
Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are the industry leader in this space, enabling our customers to deliver professional quality video to audiences on every screen. Our customers range from some of the largest media publishers to corporate marketing departments and large non-profit organizations, spanning the globe. With over 500 employees around the world, we have worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration.
We are seeking an exceptional User Experience Researcher to join our awesome UX team and help us understand our users, who work with digital video in media, marketing and sales, and enterprise contexts. Candidates will develop a deep understanding of the end-to-end user experience and will work with product and design teams to ensure that our products are effective, engaging, and easy to use. This role requires skills in interviewing, usability testing, and survey design, from recruiting and planning through facilitation and data analysis. At the senior level, we are looking for additional expertise with research methods such as ethnography, card sorting, collaging, etc. Research outputs may include personas, user journeys, and reports.
- Work collaboratively with product and design teams to plan research studies
- Make recommendations about the most suitable study design and participant pool based on study goals, combining research techniques or creating innovative approaches as needed
- Recruit, screen, and schedule research participants
- Create facilitators guides and interview protocols
- Create and execute unmoderated usability studies on usertesting.com
- Analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data from user research studies
- Apply appropriate statistical methods when analyzing and reporting quantitative data
- Create presentations and reports to communicate findings and recommendations to product teams and senior leadership
- Prioritize recommendations and follow through to ensure they are implemented
- Mentor and teach product and UX colleagues how to conduct effective research
- Create and communicate resources, tools, and best practices to advance our UX research program
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Human Factors, Experimental/Cognitive Psychology, HCI, or a related field
- 3+ years of professional experience conducting UX research for enterprise software products
- Demonstrated expertise with several research methods, including moderated and unmoderated usability testing, interviewing, survey design, and observational research
- User-centered perspective
- Ability to work independently, plan, conduct and report on user experience research for several product areas
- Demonstrated experience facilitating sessions with users -- makes users comfortable, avoids bias, elicits useful data, manages time and technology well
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and persuasion skills
- Experience with statistical analysis
- Experience working in Agile development (scrum) is a plus
- Experience working with SaaS web applications is a plus
- Experience working with analytics and user session recording tools is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
**All candidates must submit an online portfolio or work samples.**
More Jobs From