Zipcar started in 2000 with a simple but disruptive idea: to get more people sharing cars than owning them in major cities around the world. We've grown our membership to 1 million members, spanning 500 cities, 10 countries, and 600 university campuses. Our innovations attracted Avis, which acquired Zipcar in 2013, opening the door to operational efficiencies, financial resources, and global scale.
We market directly to consumers, and we also market via channel partnerships with universities, airports, large residential developers, and businesses. We have invested in technology and in our brand to create a fun, memorable, and easy experience for our members.
The mobility space has changed so much since Zipcar launched so many years ago and so we’re focused on evolving our product offerings to meet new use cases and attract new audiences.
We are looking for an experienced Senior User Experience Designer to help define and drive the future of our member experience as we transform our business across a variety of mobility initiatives. UX Designers play a strategic role at Zipcar, not only envisioning solutions to complex business and mobility problems, but also influencing the product vision and serving as the voice of our members. This designer will be part of a growing UX and Product team at Zipcar’s HQ in Boston’s Seaport neighborhood.
What will you do as a Senior UX Designer?
- Lead designer for mobile: Collaborate with product managers, marketing and brand design, and engineers to improve key member and business metrics. You’ll produce mockups, prototype end-to-end user flows, and design illustrations to support the zipcar.com marketing experience and member booking experiences.
- Creative problem-solver: Use your advanced design skills to balance business requirements, technical constraints, and time available into useful, usable, and desirable experiences.
- Optimize, optimize, optimize: Partner with product managers to identify opportunities to optimize the registration and booking flow and test your design solutions using A/B tests.
- Obsess over the member experience: Gain insight from participating in user research and utilizing web analytics, session replay tools, and other qualitative and quantitative tools. Collaborate with the rest of the UX team to capture those insights within personas and journey maps and communicate learnings throughout the organization.
- Conduct competitive research: Build subject-matter expertise by conducting research on the product’s competitors, creating UX teardowns and sharing your learnings with the team.
- Advocate for attention to detail: Know when to push further and have strong craftsmanship, knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail vs. produce low-fidelity sketches.
What kind of person are you?
- 5+ years of UX experience: You’re a t-shaped designer with a deep specialization in mobile app design, extensive knowledge of iOS/Material Design patterns, and a broad set of skills across UX, visual design, interaction design, information architecture, prototyping, and design systems.
- Expert in design and prototype tools: You’re an expert in Sketch and InVision with working knowledge of other tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Zeplin.
- Empathetic to users: You demonstrate empathy for how members behave and feel about Zipcar and actively participate in user research.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn: You gracefully accept feedback and critiques and seek out any new information that will help prepare you for your next challenge.
- Inspiring communicator: You not only communicate to convey information, but also to inspire and guide the entire business.
- Analytic and strategic thinker: You love discussing strategy with your colleagues, but you know talk is cheap and are constantly testing key assumptions using data and research.
- Gets stuff done: You foster strong team dynamics and are passionate about delivering successful solutions to user problems.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn: You invite critical feedback and proactively seek out any new information that will help prepare you for your next challenge.
- Outstanding portfolio: You have a portfolio featuring examples of outstanding design work in consumer mobile apps and services, transportation, or telematics.
- Bonus points if you’re a Zipcar member or a member of another car-sharing solution.
Zipcar is an EEO Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More Jobs From