We are the Presto company. Starburst Data is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way - with customers and revenue from the beginning. Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we don’t plan on slowing down!
Our opportunity is huge: every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately can’t help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data. Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Presto, the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
Starburst Data is seeking a Product and User Experience Designer to lead user experience at Starburst including Starburst Enterprise Presto, documentation, and product onboarding. As a product designer you will collaborate with Product Managers, engineers, customer facing engineers, and customers on the requirements, feature design, and development for the entire user experience at Starburst.
● Ownership in various areas such as product design and user experience at Starburst including Starburst Enterprise Presto, documentation, and onboarding
● Deep dive with Starburst stakeholders to understand the users; define and maintain user personas, product vision and UX strategy
● Collaborate with product managers, field team, support team, engineers, and customers for input to the product experience
● Create and maintain a set of use cases and user stories through collaboration with product management, customer support and development
● Create and maintain workflows for use cases; include failure and recovery scenarios
● Develop wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity designs for user interfaces
● Ideate and lead internal workshops to develop user-focused solutions for functionality requests, user pain points and new feature ideas
● Coordinate and get buy-in from stakeholders
● Learn the market, customers, and competitive landscape
● Maintain a central design system for reference by the Product and Engineering teams
● Collaborate with teams globally across multiple time zones and operate in an Agile development environment
● Develop and administer usability testing and user research; identify patterns to incorporate into product roadmap
● 7+ years experience in user experience and design
● Strong UX skills including UX strategy, IA, wireframing, and research
● Strong UI, and visual design skills
● Experience leading ideation, design thinking, or design sprint-type workshops with stakeholders and internal teams
● Excellent verbal and written communication
● Product design experience with SaaS
● Experience with Open Source
● Experience with one of AWS, Azure, GCP, and Kubernetes
● Deep experience with technical documentation and working with Documentation, Marketing, and Engineering teams.
● Domain knowledge of data warehousing, data lakes, and big data technologies
Location: Anywhere in North America (Boston preferred)
Headquartered in Boston MA, with an engineering team located in Warsaw, Poland as well as across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst Data, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.