Sophos are looking for a thoughtful, empathetic and experienced senior UX designer to be a key member of their UX team. You’ll work closely with other UX designers and researchers, product management at all levels and development team leads to design future features and products.
Cybersecurity threats increase exponentially every day. IT security products have become as complex as the networks and devices they secure. More people with less training must protect more devices, systems, and networks in their enterprises, businesses, and homes in an increasingly complex world. Making the complex available to people is a UX issue.
- Translate user, product and business requirements into simple and intuitive interfaces
- Design product UX in close collaboration with product managers and development teams
- Conduct research to inform design decisions. Work with our researcher to plan and execute research projects, drawing on research from various areas of the business: analytics, customer insight, internal experts, interviews and competitor analysis
- Designing and briefing usability testing sessions and, if needed, running sessions
- Leading collaborative design workshops
- Information architecture
- Mapping customer and user journeys
- Sketching, concept creation and wireframing
- Creating interactive prototypes
- Assist in the creation of user stories to feed into a SCRUM-based agile development team.
Skills & Experience
- Passion for designing quality products with a great user experience.
- Experience of conducting UX research to get a deep understanding of customer needs
- Awareness of key psychological principles that inform good design
- You’ll need to work with visual designers, developers, product owners and technical architects to define product experience and champion the user.
- Excellent communication skills - you will need to be able to explain, present and communicate your ideas clearly to a range of different stakeholders.
- 5+ years UX experience
- Solid design background
- Experience of working in another Cybersecurity role
- Mastery of wireframe and prototyping tools
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
More Jobs From