The iRobot design team is growing, and we are looking for curious designers who have a passion for making and creating and delivering problem-solving experiences that delight our customers. Our UX designers design the robot to human to app to home interactions. We have a collaborative and supportive culture. Your day could be working with Industrial Designers to get a physical interaction perfected, or working on robot voice interaction, or working with research to understand future product opportunities.
The Senior UX Designer will be responsible for the definition, design, and validation of a suite of iRobot products, including Mobile app design, robot design and end-to-end user experiences. As a UX Designer at iRobot, you are expected to be highly analytical, design-savvy and technically advanced. You will design both robot hardware and software experiences. You work on short- and long-term projects with partners across the organization. You will act as an internal designer to ensure that user centered design methodologies are the foundations of our product designs.
Senior UX designers take a vital role in developing the product design experience, including physical product platform features, interactive design, the overall end-to-end experience, out-of-box set up and ongoing usage. They also develop and document detailed user experience specifications for feature areas. Designers participate in immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing to inform the design. The Senior designer role also involves identifying and leveraging emerging technology which can improve the product design (machine learning, analytics and voice UX).
Reporting to the UX Manager, the Senior User Experience Designer will work closely with design team members; with interdisciplinary stakeholders including engineering, digital and physical product management, and with external partners to deliver an outstanding customer experience. You will work to transform the design of our products sold globally with advanced thinking, interactive design concepts, technologies and trends. You will be very hands-on providing deliverables for the UX Design process from conception to launch and informing long term product strategy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / JOB DUTIES
- Design experiences that delight users around the world by using established user centered design methodologies and creating new innovative approaches to evolving design challenges.
- Advocate for the customer, collaborating with company leadership, product managers, and developers to bring to life the best possible customer experience
- Design and deliver the best possible design, while balancing multiple priorities and constraints.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product managers, software developers, visual designers, and user researchers to define best in class consumer products.
- Lead the design at the intersection of the hardware and software of the robot, mobile app, voice assistants.
- Consistently work to understand our users by conducting, participating and leveraging primary user research to inform designs.
- Understands and identifies industry trends around interactive design, ID and tools and techniques and is growing skills to be an industry expert.
- Assist in the development and implementation of research activities including contextual consumer observation, enquiry, and focus groups.
KEY DUTIES & FOCUS
- Work well in a team environment.
- Work with leadership in design planning and goal creation.
- Understand customers and their needs through customer research and feedback, and market analysis.
- Design the architecture, interface, and interaction flow of physical and digital experiences.
- Develop personas, customer journey maps, conceptual diagrams, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
- Craft, pitch, and validate long-term design strategies.
- Continually iterate and evolve the way we design for and learn from our customers.
- Chart a course for yourself and others in ambiguous situations. Mentor and develop.
- Bachelor degree or higher in UX Design, Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or similar design disciplines. Masters degree is preferred.
- 5+ years experience creating and delivering designs for consumer products.
- Hands-on experience in a wide range of design projects, from conception to shipping complex applications, as well as informing long term product strategy.
- Strengths in interaction design and user research with a good eye for visuals.
- Cross platform design for web, iOS/Android and emerging technology
- Strong understanding of APIs and systems architecture and how it impacts the overall user experience.
- Demonstrated ability in balancing design, execution, and analysis of primary user research and user needs analysis surveys.
- Experience synthesizing and designing complex designs and delivering results to non-technical audiences including senior leadership team.
- Experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
- Experience involving working closely with interdisciplinary stakeholders including engineering, product management, and with external partners to translate business requirements into meaningful interactive experiences.
- Shown ability to work through ambiguity and self-direct overall design approach.
- Strong presentation skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading and participating in Agile.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and handle multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated ability to rely on data, customer insights, and usability feedback to iterate and create world class design.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional business partners to execute recommendations on new products.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed. Talent for managing multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to completion; exhibit flexibility and ability to create multiple creative concepts.
More Jobs From