Senior UX Designer
Are you looking for a role where you can have an impact in discovering and solving for one of the most common design problems: Motivation. You can help millions of real people close the gap between intent and action while having a positive impact on their lives and health.
The Senior UX Designer seeks to understand Runkeeper and ASICS Studio user behavior, ASICS consumer behavior, and motivation at a fundamental level. They will do this through user interviews, ethnographic research, etc., and through the development of journey maps, user personas, and other artifacts.
ASICS Digital is a division of ASICS based in Boston, Massachusetts. Our goal is to build digital technologies to better connect the ASICS brand to its consumers. We are responsible for the continued development of mobile-fitness solutions such as ASICS Runkeeper and ASICS Studio, global e-commerce platforms, and other digital services that encourage people to move, get fit and stay balanced.
What Youll Do
- Ownership of the process identifying problems customers face, and designing elegant solutions to those problems. We foresee this as:
- Defining the what: Work closely with product management to define customer problems
- Run customer interviews and usability studies to understand the problem up front and to make sure the product works
- Defining the how: Work closely with engineering and design to craft a Solution to those problems
- Sketch & prototype those new experiences with just enough documentation (we try to keep things as Lean as possible)
- Keep the pulse on new features and work the solution after shipping it to users until we get it right
- Be a leader and advocate in defining and evolving the product development process so that it works for everyone
- Work with ASICS marketing teams to help define concepts ASICS consumers love that also delivers real value to end users
What Youve Done
- 4+ years as UX or Interaction designer; consumer product experience is a plus
- At least 3 years working on a mobile-centric product
- A portfolio of work that shows your process for solving problems and the solutions youve come up with for them- to be considered you must include this in your application
- Experience conducting and coordinating remote and in-person user research using a variety of methodologies, and documenting the results and findings
- Relevant education in HCI or Human Factors is a big plus
- Sees the world from a customer first perspective
- Strong design communication skills and desire to work as part of a teamInterest in learning from others, and teaching what you know as well
ASICS Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.