Simplisafe is looking for a Senior UX Design Research professional as we scale our Product Design team. In this role, you will plan, conduct, and synthesize in-home design research to identify consumer insights and utilize these to guide your teams direction. This role is a great opportunity to influence and contribute to a new Design team.
We are in the midst of an aggressive hiring plan to fill our needs as we prepare for our next steps as a company. The Design team is a primary focus and our Head of Product Design will be building his team from the ground up. As such, you will have an opportunity to make an immediate impact on Simplisafes roadmap and you will be in a great position to grow as Simplisafe continues to expand.
Today, we are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever-growing IoT home automation security space, we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, we are expanding our Product Design team to produce the most cutting-edge designs on the market for our next generation of products.
What youll do:
- Plan, conduct, synthesize qualitative design research to inform and inspire design strategy and product development
- Be experienced with in-home design research to identify user needs
- Synthesize raw research data to derive creative insights and opportunities
- Apply research insights to creative design solutions
- Collaborate with design team and other multidisciplinary teams
What youll need to be successful:
- Be very confident with a wide variety of qualitative research methodologies, such as: conducting one-on-one interviews and ethnographic-style fieldwork, moderating group conversations, running live prototyping sessions, conducting co-design workshops, and engaging users remotely
- Impactful and passionate communicative skills
- Inspire other team members through creativity
- A zeal for turning qualitative research data into themes and design opportunities
- Identify analogous research activitities
- 5+ years of professional experience in applied research, outside of academic training. This might include ethnographic-style fieldwork, design research, UX research, journalism, and others.
- Solid in translating research insights to creative design solutions
- Track record of working in highly collaborative design teams, or other multidisciplinary teams, ideally within a design consultancy.
- Familiarity with working across a variety of sectors and industries
- Some experience with basic mixed methods research that includes quantitative data. In particular, designing simple surveys (with tools like Google Forms, Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey)
*Please note: this position does require the ability to travel
If you feel that you are the person we are looking for and want to apply, please provide the following alongside your application.
Please send us a half-pager that describes how you would find insights around personal security.
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there werent any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in 2019 list and in Wealthfronts 2019 Career Launching Companies list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
More Jobs From