Senior User Researcher
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next on Spotify easier and more enjoyable for every listener. We seek to understand the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else so that we can make great recommendations to every individual person and keep the world listening.
Everyday, hundreds of millions of people all over the world use the products we build which include destinations like Home and Search as well as original playlists such as "Discover Weekly" and Daily Mix. We're a team of technologists, product insight experts, designers, and product managers in Boston, New York, Stockholm, and London.
We are seeking a User Researcher to join our Product Insights team, focusing on Personalization. We have several roles open across different levels of seniority.
Your work will be critical in helping us understand the needs of our users, define our understanding of music, audio so we can develop how we personalize at Spotify. This role works closely with a multidisciplinary team of data scientist, product teams, designers and data engineers.
Your work will impact the way the world experiences music and audio!
What Youll Do
- Identify and prioritize research studies
- Design studies and develop hypotheses examining users behaviors, needs, and attitudes
- Use a wide variety of mixed research methods: qualitative and quantitative methods
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects
- Synthesize and communicate research results to different audiences in Spotify to help magnify the impact of the findings
- Evangelize tools and best practices to empower product managers, designers and developers to conduct research
- Contribute to the development of the Product Insights function and the wider analytics community at Spotify
- Mentor and coach other user researchers
- Work from our office in Boston
Who You Are
- You will have 2 to 5 years relevant applied experience with a degree or higher in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Social Science, or a related discipline
- Recent experience in a research role
- You have broad experience of qualitative research methods
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business people, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English)
- You are an independent thinker, able to work autonomously, capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.