Truss is tackling tough technical and digital service problems for the private sector and government. We practice and advocate modern design and development practices to build user centered solutions and streamline infrastructure.
Truss is a software consultancy known for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors, and employees and we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work. As a Truss user experience designer you will facilitate bringing our values to our clients and help drive toward understanding what their end users truly need and creating solutions to meet those needs.
We are seeking people to have a significant impact on the services offered by the government to US citizens and do meaningful work in the private sector. We are looking for UX Designers leveled 4-5 as match our leveling guide. A position with Truss will allow you to continuously enrich your skill-set working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people.
We are hoping you will have:
- At least 5+ years of experience implementing UX or interaction design work and with expertise in at least two of the following areas: user research, information architecture, or service design
- Strong ability to recognize use cases and incorporate into designs necessary user interactions, including happy paths, edge cases, and various states which communicate the status of an interactive element.
- Experience facilitating and conducting research methods both remote and in-person, taking findings quickly from synthesis to drive actionable work.
- Worked with modern, agile technology teams that include software engineers, product managers, content strategists, and other designers
- Researched and led user experience design for complex projects (government design experience a plus)
- Regularly advocated for the value and process of human centered design with colleagues and clients
- Great spoken and written communication, including thoughtful listening skills, the ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly. High comfort level presenting persuasively to stakeholders
- Experience with creating, advocating for, and contributing to evolving design systems
- Pragmatic approach, focused on outcomes over outputs
- Takes initiative with a bias toward for action and close collaboration with other Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers
- A love for solving complex, impactful problems
- Ability to travel up to 30%
In this position you will be part of a Truss cross-functional team to:
- Work directly with government, private sector clients, and product owners to refine project scope, execute research strategies and synthesize research data into actionable insights
- Rapidly iterate on prototypes and design solutions taking into account research insights, constraints, and timelines
- Deliver artifacts to guide product and development potentially with wireframes, sitemaps, flowcharts, storyboards, user stories, research findings, etc.
- Create written materials and visual presentations that are accessible to non-experts
- Align with other stakeholders through agile sprints for a cohesive and strategic vision
- Use modern interaction design patterns and best practices
- Design and conduct usability tests, incorporating results into future product planning
- Commit to making what we build accessible and inclusive to users
- Travel as needed to do primary user research, meet with coworkers, and attend major client meetings, approximately every couple of months
Join our research and design practice at Truss! You will work with other user experience designers, developers, and product owners. You will report to the director of design or one of the practice design managers and help establish and document human centered design and content practices. We look forward to your application!
If you have more experience than is reflected here, thats great! Well be pleased to exercise your broader/deeper skill set. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
More Jobs From