the Senior User Experience Designer will work closely with design team members; with interdisciplinary stakeholders including engineering, digital and physical product management, and with external partners to deliver an outstanding customer experience.
The Senior User Experience Designer will work to transform the design of our products sold globally with advanced thinking, interactive design concepts, technologies and trends. They need to be a person who can rapidly turn their ideas into designs – considering the physical robot, app features, voice experience and user objectives and business needs.
What You Will Do:
- Define and maintain high design standards and carry that value forward throughout your work and process. Develop prototypes for demonstration of concepts to stakeholders and product tea. Understand target audiences' needs, tasks, and goals and translate them into creative concepts
- Work closely with stakeholders to translate business requirements into magical experiences. Participate in immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing
- Leverage personas and scenarios to clarify results of user research and focus the team’s design efforts on the needs of key customers
- Identify and leverage emerging technology which can improve the product design (machine learning, analytics and voice UX)
- Take a contributor and leadership role in developing the product design experience, including physical product platform features, interactive design, the overall end-to-end experience, out-of-box set up and ongoing usage. Develop and document detailed user experience specifications for feature areas.
- Manage the rapid prototyping of digital projects and consult on pilots of other customer facing experience programs that will internally validate concepts and features before committing to projects, designs and budgets
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- 5-7 years of experience
- Demonstrated expertise in creating elegant and simple solutions to complex technical products
- Bachelor’s degree in a design related field (Interaction design, user research, design communication)
- Expect in concept development and prototyping, design, user- centered design methodologies and design thinking
- Ability to influence others and to champion great design to a broad audience
The iRobot design team is growing, and we are looking for curious designers who have a passion for making and creating. In this role you design the robot: human interaction.
We have a collaborative and supportive culture. Your day could be working with Industrial Designers to get the bin latch perfect, or working on robot voice interaction, or working with research to understand what users want from figure robots.
More Jobs From