Senior User Experience Designer
Were passionate about helping hard-working entrepreneurs grow their property management businesses. Were a collective of uniquely talented individuals who are at the top of our game and are determined to get better at what we do every day. Theres zero competition or micromanagementeveryone is the master of their domain, ready to collaborate wholeheartedly with one another and celebrate each others successes. Our determination to make our customers lives better and break records is contagiousyou find yourself becoming intensely passionate about the work that we do, even if the property management industry was never on your radar before you got here.
Our Design and Experience team is passionate about creating beautiful, meaningful, and valuable experiences that make our users lives easier.
Our team of designers, copywriters, and researchers are all committed to fostering each other's growth, partnering with the R&D organization to deliver top-notch experiences, and taking part in Buildium's great culture. We celebrate honesty, creativity, initiative, and collaboration.
Were looking for a Product Designer to lead scrum teams and contribute to ongoing initiativesincluding the evolution and rollout of our design system. Applicants should have a demonstrated ability to solve complex problems and advocate for consumer-grade user experiences.
What You'll Do
- Deliver high-quality experiences that are beautiful, effective, modular, and embody our brand.
- Communicate conceptual ideas by producing design deliverables such as sketches, scenarios, wireframes, customer personas, prototypes, mockups, storyboards, customer journey maps, and user stories as part of the software development lifecycle.
- Lead collaborative design sessions with Product Management and Engineering to reach a shared understanding of deliverables.
- Engage in usability testing and incorporate user preferences and research findings into designs.
- Make understanding end user requirements a constant priority.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build a design system that provides guidance and value for the entire R&D organization.
- Develop and utilize a deep understanding of customer needs by reviewing and participating in user research.
- Guide the strategic direction and ongoing refinement of Buildiums product aesthetic; contribute to the teams vision.
Who You Are
- Significant UX design and/or product design experience.
- Fluent in commonly-used design tools, e.g. Sketch and InVision.
- Fluent in user-centered design principles and testing methodologies.
- Can clearly and effectively present and communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and customers.
- Familiar with Agile Scrum methodology; ability to plan and manage design work for 2-3 projects at a time.
- Experience with iOS/mobile design.
- Experience in the SMB market and/or B2C products.
- Experience creating or working extensively with Design Systems as a producer and/or consumer.
Benefits and Perks
- Casual and collaborative work environment
- Flexible time off
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Parental leave
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Commuter benefits
- Free lunch Thursdays
- Ping Pong, Foosball, etc
- Free snacks
At Buildium, were always looking for smart, driven, enthusiastic professionals who want to join our team. Our vision is to create a 100-year company with a mission of helping small businesses succeed all while setting the highest standard for the way business should be done. Those arent just words on our wall they are words we live by. We love what we do. We love what were building. And we love our customers. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you.
Buildium is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging while bringing their authentic self to the table and being valued for it.