Senior UI Designer
EF Go Ahead Tours
For over 30 years, EF Go Ahead Tours has guided adult travelers across the globe via carefully crafted group travel itineraries. Our travelers range from young professionals to retirees, solo travelers to entire families, travel enthusiasts to those stepping off their first flight. We believe the best way to learn about the world is to experience it and every day we come to work hoping to help as many people as possible do just that.
EF Go Ahead Tours is looking for a Senior UI Designer to join our growing UX team.
Who you are
You are a UI nerd who understands how to balance practical with blue sky and loves to ask why. You crave the challenge of reconciling complex user needs with even more complex business needs. You own your ideas and run with them. When youre stuckyou believe theres a creative way around almost any obstacle. And at the end of the day, you havent lost your sense of humor. You trust your gut. You love what you do and want to collaborate with a diverse team. You crave the opportunity and growth of a large company but the flexibility and camaraderie of a small, private one.
In this role, youll:
- Lean into your primary UI design skills with some secondary UX design chops to balance form and function.
- Work side-by-side with a cross-functional team of other UI/UX Designers and Writers, Product Managers, Engineers, and business stakeholders to build and optimize our ecommerce experiences.
- Understand the customer journey and advocate for an exceptional user experience.
- Think creatively and analytically while understanding the opportunities and constraints of multiple platforms.
- Proactively take initiative on project-based work and promoting UI/UX best practices across the organization.
- Be comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Present ideas in both formal and informal settings to get stakeholder buy-in.
- Receive feedback from stakeholders and take an iterative approach to design solutions.
- Use tools like Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Miro, Confluence, and Jira.
This role isnt:
- Pure UX research.
- Pure UX design.
- 5+ years professional experience in a UI or product design role
- Strong visual problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of interactive design
- Ecommerce experience
- An Ill figure it out attitude and approach
- A portfolio featuring multiple UI design projects
- Degree in Interaction Design, Communication Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Design or related field, preferred
- Knowledge of user-centered methodologies and design thinking
- Hands on experience conducting user research sessions such as user interviews, A/B testing, user testing, and other qualitative practices
The perks (the very abbreviated list)
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, 4 weeks after your first year
- $1500 per employee for professional development/continued education per year
- All expenses paid international travel (at least 1 international trip a year)
- Travel discounts
- Free in-house language classes
- Apple Education Discounts
- Market-leading benefits package including top-of-the-line health coverage, 401k with company match, and more
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.