Office Tour Photos
Senior Transportation Specialist
Wayfair continues to build industry-shaping infrastructure and capabilities in Logistics to fuel growth and delight our customers. As part of this journey, we are seeking bright, entrepreneurial leaders to help us drive initiatives related to our most strategic topics.
The Small Parcel Operations team is responsible for developing the strategy and execution of Home Delivery logistics across our 10+ North American Castlegate fulfillment centers and thousands of supplier warehouses. We are looking for a Senior Transportation Planner to oversee logistics coordination of outbound orders shipping from our Castlegate network. Transportation planners play a critical role in delivering on the promises Wayfair makes to customers by directly influencing speed promises and on time delivery to customers. In this role, you will be responsible for the daily execution and monitoring of freight pickup operations, working across our Castlegate facilities and third-party carrier partners. In addition, youll be thinking analytically and creatively about how the team metrics and procedures can improve as Wayfair continues to grow.
What You'll Do
- Coordinate across fulfillment centers and carriers to drive consistency in execution of the small parcel outbound transportation plan, driving speed and on time delivery.
- Build relationships with carrier and fulfillment center partners to develop subject matter expertise in the outbound pickup operation, and share insights with small parcel team.
- Identify operational trends that will drive initiatives for process improvement.
- Work with various teams, such as Small Parcel Carrier Strategy and Small Parcel Performance, to ensure communication to carrier partners is consistent and aligned with broader team strategy.
- Maintain open communication with teams business partners to ensure problems follow the proper escalation paths.
- Provide peer coaching and guidance for day to day operations.
What You'll Need
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Strong administrative skills, ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines.
- Problem solving mindset with strict attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work with data (comfort with running DB queries using SQL or others a plus).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 3+ years of experience in a planning-type role.
- Experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Transportation is a plus but not required.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From