Are you interested in joining a rapidly growing global organization in the cyber industry? With over 550 employees, $140M ARR, and 1,000 clients, Recorded Future is the largest privately-held security intelligence company! Our intelligence integrates with over 80 security products from industry-leading companies, such as Splunk, ServiceNow, Microsoft, IBM, and AWS. Come jump on the rocket ship and help us protect businesses by disrupting adversaries!
As a Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst for Insikt Groups Strategic and Persistent Threats team, youll contribute to APT campaign tracking initiatives. Youll support client-driven finished intelligence reports on cyber espionage-related topics, as well as internally-driven research and monitoring efforts into threat actor infrastructure, tools, and TTPs.
What youll do as a Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst:
- Fulfill clients priority intelligence requirements via Recorded Futures Analyst on Demand service, along with novel APT-centric research and reporting
- Synthesize technical datasets to derive novel insights and reporting on ongoing APT campaigns related to China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea
- Identify new datasets to ingest, and propose new analytics to improve and/or automate portions of the intelligence cycle
- Identify and track APT campaigns using a combination of network, intrusion, and malware analysis skills
- Be a subject matter expert on state-sponsored threat activity
- Work with other teams to identify, prioritize, and deploy detection mechanisms for malware families and threat actor groups
- Stay on top of developments within the APT threat landscape; track key developments by following publications, blogs, and mailing lists
What youll bring to the Senior Threat Intelligence Analyst role: (Required)
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, Security Studies, Intelligence, or similar
- 5+ years experience in Information Security and/or Threat Intelligence
- Demonstrable experience conducting technical threat analysis and research
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and other networking protocols
- Hands-on experience with structured analytical techniques, the intelligence cycle, and intelligence writing techniques and methodologies
- Experience clustering and tracking state-sponsored activity groups using techniques such as the Diamond Model of Intrusion Analysis
- Experience developing intelligence requirements
- Experience working directly with clients
- Knowledge of open source intelligence gathering tools and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication; ability to convey complex technical and non-technical concepts
Highly Desirable Skills/Experience (not required):
- MA/MS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security, or similar
- Experience writing network and endpoint signature detections using SNORT and YARA
- Programming experience in Python, C, C++, or Java
- Familiarity with platforms such as MISP, Kibana, Maltego, and ElasticSearch
- Experience with Windows, iOS, Android, MacOS or malware analysis
- Proficiency in a high priority foreign language
Why should you join Recorded Future?
From over 35 nationalities, our Futurists are the perfect recipe of humility, accountability, and collaborative attitudes. Our dedication to empowering clients with elite intelligence to disrupt adversaries has earned us a 4.7-star user rating from Gartner and 8 of the top 10 Fortune 100 companies as clients.
Want more info?
Blog & Podcast: Learn everything you want to know (and maybe some things youd rather not know) about the world of cyber threat intelligence
Instagram & Twitter: Whats happening at Recorded Future
The Record: The Record is a cybersecurity news publication that explores the untold stories in this rapidly changing field
Timeline: History of Recorded Future
We are committed to maintaining an environment that attracts and retains talent from a diverse range of experiences, backgrounds and lifestyles. By ensuring all feel included and respected for being unique and bringing their whole selves to work, Recorded Future is made a better place every day.
If you need any accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to our recruiting team at [email protected]
Recorded Future is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Recorded Future does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recorded Future will not discharge, discipline or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.