As a part of Product Development, a Senior Test Engineer will work under guidance of the Lead Test Engineer to develop and document test methods, procedures, and results that have cross functional and/or cross product applicability.
You will also support development of risk driven test plans that align with the program schedule, goals, and budget. You may lead portions of the execution of these test plans.
Your responsibilities include documenting and tracking system test information, issues, results, and statuses for the areas of the design that you are assigned.
You should possess enough technical depth to troubleshoot complex cross functional problems and document findings.
What You Will Do
- Lead/support development, maintenance, and communication of technical risk analyses.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate test plans and statuses.
- Coordinate program planning and prioritization with other project leads (Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, and Program Manager).
- Lead a team executing test plans.
- Co-ordinate testing with shared resources (in-house and external).
- Lead cross-functional root cause and corrective action activities.
- Develop test methods, procedures, and/or test fixtures as needed.
- Support transition to manufacturing locally and at Contract Manufacturer (US and China).
To Be Successful You Will Have
- 7-10 years of experience in product development and product level testing.
- 3-5 years of experience developing test methods, executing tests, and documenting results.
- BS in engineering.
- Experience developing electro-mechanical systems that contain complex software behaviors.
- Adept at summarizing and presenting complex test data and test status in an informative and easily understood manner.
- Ability to interpret and modify Engineering design documentation (schematics, drawings, etc.).
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Advanced degree in Engineering.
- Experience testing consumer vacuum and/or robotic products.
- Experience in statistical analysis of test results.
- Experience with data acquisition as well as processing and analysis software.
- Experience testing various sensor technologies typically found in SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) applications (LIDAR, sonar, cameras, etc.).
- Ability to lead a small team (2-7) of engineers and Technicians
In Return You Can Expect
The System Test Organization is a high performing, multi-disciplined group, that touches every product in the organization. Our mission is to evaluate both iRobot and competitive products, enable risk burn-down and evaluate technologies, predict and assess reliability of designs and products over their life cycle.
More Jobs From