Senior Technical Writer(RESTful API Web Services, Agile)
The Senior Technical Writer (RESTful API Web Services, Agile) is responsible for writing and maintaining our PrismHR Web Services API documentation for both internal and external customers. In this role, the Senior Technical Writer gathers, develops, and disseminates technical information among customers, engineers, support professionals, and other technical writers on the team.
This role requires strong web development skills and the ability to create technical documentation that is easy to understand and work with. The successful candidate is well-versed in online technologies, including HTML, CSS, Java, XML, and Git. Familiarity with OpenAPI (formerly Swagger Specification), Node.js, Gradle, and Stoplight Next is desired. The ability to successfully add annotations to our source code is a must.
SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write and maintain RESTful API documentation while ensuring our established writing style and standards are met.
- Research and document product information and functionality by attending standups and interviewing Product Managers, User Experience Designers, other Technical Writers, and Subject Matter Experts.
- Exploit engineering and project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Salesforce, and TestRail to understand issues and develop documentation output.
- Capture end-user and administrative tasks performed in our products and their expected results.
- Participate in peer edits and contribute to further developing documentation styles and standards.
- Report project metrics and impediments to the team, Product Owners, and Scrum Master.
- Produce documentation drafts and support the flow of information among teams during development and testing.
- Help maintain the team’s outstanding record of on-time documentation delivery.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use revision and source control effectively within a team setting.
- Become a model of collaboration within and across the organization.
- Share knowledge in areas of expertise.
- Ability to prioritize and take direction with a “get the job done” attitude.
- Flexible and able to accommodate shifting deadlines.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent American English Language oral and written communication skills.
- Conversant with Madcap® Flare® or other online help authoring tool.
- On-time, quality delivery in a busy environment.
- BS/BA in related field such as Computer Science, Communications, English, or Technical Writing.
- Experience planning, researching, writing, and editing online software documentation and other materials targeting developers and dev ops users
PrismHR is an EO/AA/VEV/Disabled Employer
Diversity Candidates are encouraged to apply