Office Tour Photos
Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprises digital future business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineers who will join a new elite team that focuses on Customer Centric Engineering. This position, as part of R&D, ensures customer success by troubleshooting, debugging, and proposing fixes/workarounds to the most complex customer issues escalated by the last tier of Support. You will work closely with other teams in R&D (Development) and Customer Support to respond to critical technical incidents and act as customer advocate within R&D.
This role requires the abilities of both Tier 3 Customer Support and Software Engineering to act as an effective interlink between the two disciplines and to be able to understand the overall Mendix platform infrastructure. The ideal candidate will share our passion and great pride in our customer-first culture.
Youll help us drive digital innovation:
- Work closely with our global customers in Europe, USA, Australia, Asia, Middle East and Japan including: Heineken, ING, Enexis, Nederlandse Spoorwegen, PostNL, Chubb, Zurich, Innovapost, ERIE and eXpRealty.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and propose bug fixes or architectural changes, within the Mendix platform or related to customer sided implementation.
- Work closely with R&D teams on a tactical level to identify structural improvements and improve the customer experience of our platform. Your most important point of contact will be the Software Delivery Managers of the R&D groups.
- Develop solutions (Appstore widgets/modules) for customer issues without clear short-term solution path in the Mendix platform
- Understand customer use cases to be an effective liaison between R&D and customer to solve complex technical problems.
- Take complete ownership of escalations
- Mentor and coach team members as we continue to build them out.
- Identify opportunities to propose new troubleshooting or performance analysis tools for production operations staff.
- Participate in after-hours on-call rotation for critical customer escalations
- Identify improvements in our Support processes and tools, both internal and with our partners including SAP, IBM and Siemens.
- Work in a smart, young and dynamic team where innovation thrives, and career opportunities are abundant.
Youre the innovator we need if you:
- Love to engage with the customer to solve any challenges they might face and voice their needs and challenges within Mendix
- Have a B.S. in Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Are Mendix Advanced Developer certified, or similar work experience.
- Have over 3 years of relevant working experience in a technical environment.
- Have excellent communicative skills, both written and verbally.
- Are passionate for technology, and have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Are well-organized, flexible, and can keep an overview of all your tasks.
- Have knowledge of, and experience with Infrastructure as a Service.
- Preferably have experience in mobile app development.
Experience a culture like no other at Mendix:
- Work for an award-winning employer? (Nr 1. tech employer & the-best-cloud-computing-companies-and-ceos-to-work-for-in-2017)
- Named The Best Cloud Company to Work for by Glassdoor (2018)
- Ranked #1 by Glassdoor "Best Places to Work" in Tech (2016)
- Ranked Leader by Gartner in High Productivity Application PaaS (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Ranked Leader by Gartner in Mobile Application Development Platforms (2017, 2018, 2019)
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But youll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means were backed by the resources and stability of one of the worlds largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. Thats why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.
More Jobs From