We are looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer that is hard-working and committed to customer success. The Senior Technical Support Engineer (Sr. TSE) should be comfortable living in both the Support and Engineering environments; translating internal Engineering-speak into clear concise directions for customers and vice-versa.
The Sr. TSE will field queries via phone, email and web portal of the CRM solution. Queries will range in complexity from how to questions through involved debugging and forensic efforts when tracking down operational anomalies. The ability to visualize problems remotely is key to being successful in this role along with excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills. This is a great opportunity for someone with a background supporting commercial software that has a passion for diving into complex technical issues and also has an interest in building their Security expertise!
What Youll Do
- Participate in Knowledge Centered Service training to become a licensed publisher and contribute to the company knowledgebase
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to phone, e-mail and online requests for technical support
- Represent the customer to ensure serviceability and product quality issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle
- Assist customers in the installation and deployment of Carbon Blacks software products
- Track and monitor all support cases to ensure timely resolution and follow-up
- Clearly identify, document, and find solutions for customer issues and product problems
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and engineering expertise
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to the engineering, QA, sales, and support teams as well as to the customer base
What Youll Bring
- 5+ years relevant experience supporting a distributed software technology in a Windows and Mac, or Linux environment, ideally an agent based product
- Preferred OSX or Linux platform experience with supporting technologies/products
- Operational experience with MS SQL Server technologies
- Experience in the enterprise security space
- Experience supporting multiple, simultaneous engagements
- Familiarity with software distribution, patch management, and anti-viral technologies
- Ability to work a day shift with flexibility for on-call rotation a few times a month after hours
Why you should join us
Carbon Black is a leader in endpoint security dedicated to keeping the world safe from cyberattacks. With more than 5,000 customersincluding 34 of the Fortune 100the opportunities here are massive and exciting.
With 1,200+ employees, offices across the world, and the best-of-the-best tools for collaboration from anywhere, now is an ideal time to become part of the CB Team. See where you fit best at Lifeatcb.carbonblack.com.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.
More Jobs From