Challenging convention. Trying new things. Reshaping an industry.
The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do. We're fueled by sharing ideas openly, challenging conventions, trying new things, and valuing "Why not?" over "Why?" Our certainty that there is always a better way to do things keeps carriers ahead of their competition and is helping to reshape an industry.
If having a hand in transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation, open exchange, and peerless user experience sounds exciting, let us know. We may be looking for you.
Sr. Technical Solution Architect
The Sr. Technical Solution Architect is responsible for the creation of technical multi-component solution designs, and partners with Enterprise and Technical Architects to identify and implement solutions that enable the business. The Sr. Technical Solution Architect will lead with influence a project team helping to ensure the technical success of a project. Primary expertise is in the evaluation and creation of multiple solution design options meeting complex project requirements and constraints.
- Authors Project Solution Architecture documents that define the agreed solution architecture for a project including scope, interface design, impacted components, risks and necessary trade-offs including finding areas for re-use
- Provides expert knowledge of interface architectures, serving as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to business, operations and technology teams on those topics
- Reviews, comments, and approves deliverables created as part of the project delivery methodology
- Provides technical leadership to the project team to design the overall solution and to resolve ongoing technical issues within the project
- Provides ongoing support and guidance to development teams during the analysis, development and testing processes
- Presents technical issues to technical governance boards for when required for project decisions and communicate those decisions to impacted teams
- Reviews designs for their ability to achieve business benefits within the estimated cost restraints
- Negotiates scope and costs with vendor partners as applicable for their project
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architects to review and contributes to Enterprise Technology Roadmaps
- Creates and communicates initial estimates including suggested solution, IS impacts, IS costs for minor, small, and enterprise projects
- Identifies the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the Technical Solution Architecture
- Collaborates with vendor partners for integration of partner development activities within project timeline
- Mentors technical resources interested in an Architectural career
- Establishes strong working relationships with Solution, Enterprise, and Technical Architects
- Establishes strong working relationships with the business, operations and other technology team members
- Participates in and support cross technology process improvement initiatives
- Participates in firm-wide Architecture / Engineering working groups, and ensures that the technology organization is aligned to corporate technology directions
- May assume people management responsibilities including, but not limited to, the management of direct reports, writing and conducting annual performance reviews,
- Analyzes employment data to assist with strategic planning
- Works with employees to create a culture of engagement, collaboration and teamwork
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelors degree or Masters degree, or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, or System Analysis discipline, or a related engineering/computer field.
- 10+ years experience implementing Information Technology in an enterprise of similar technical breadth and scale. Ideally across multiple functional roles including Architect, Design, Code, Test, Deploy, and Operate
- 2-4 Years performing Solution Architecture for a company of similar technical breadth and scale
- 10+ years experience with Insurance software applications
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Telecom BSS/OSS experience preferably in Amdocs
- Application experience including: CRM, General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Inventory Management, Retail POS, Commissioning, Collections, Data Warehouse, Analytical applications
- Architecture Frameworks such as TOGAF
- Software Development: Java
- Integration Technologies: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Oracle ESB
- Databases: Oracle
- eSkills: HTML/CSS, Java/JSP, J2EE, XML, Angular, Node.js
- Standards & Methodology: CMMI, RUP, Extreme, Agile
- Understanding of software development lifecycle practices
- Knowledge of performance management and employee relations
- Knowledge of Interface patterns, and typical system integration techniques
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Knowledge of architecture methodologies, standards and tools
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Travel: 0-10%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.