We are seeking a highly motivated and self-directed Senior Technical Product Manager to be part of an exciting team located at our Corporate Headquarters in Boston, MA. The Senior Technical Product Manager, Information and Infrastructure Security, is responsible for supporting product lifecycle management for all products and initiatives related to cybersecurity at Chewy. This portfolio includes network security, e-commerce security, and infrastructure security for both classic IT and cloud platforms. Projects will focus on Customer Data Protection, Fraud Prevention, Data Loss Prevention, Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Security, Secure Development Lifecycle, and similar initiatives and products. This individual will drive product lifecycle management and coordinate resources from multiple teams for Chewy Enterprise Security Services and the Data Product Portfolio. The ideal candidate should be a strategic thinker, who can work and prioritize in a fast-paced environment. This candidate would be able to communicate clearly and concisely to all levels of the organization.
What youll do:
- Build strong practice of Security Experience (SX) while protecting Customer Experience (CX).
- Manage all initiatives related to infrastructure security.
- Identify, document, and drive detailed product specifications to ensure Cybersecurity development is meeting Chewys needs.
- Assist Security Operations Center to advance market-leading data security capabilities for a mature ecommerce organization.
- Drive initiatives working in collaboration with engineering, infrastructure, and security teams to protect Chewy Employee and Customer data in our data center, on public clouds, and vendor based clouds (Oracle ERP, Service-Now, Workday).
- Work with SD-WAN Product Management team to evolve cloud-based and Virtual Network Functions (VNF) based security services.
- Collaborate with technology SMEs to understand and document functional and non-functional requirements.
- Strive for solutions to issues and identify remediation actions to prevent incident recurrence. Influence teams to move this work through their backlogs.
- Track and report on multiple concurrent, complex, and/or unique projects and initiatives.
- Interact with peers, leadership and third-party vendors to share information, provide input on strategic and operational initiatives,
- Communicate with teams, stakeholders, customers, and vendors effectively
- Manage projects from start to finish
What youll need:
- 5+ years proven TPM ability in IT Operations, IT Service Management, or Development with experience providing operations or development support services in complex and large-scale eCommerce environment.
- Cybersecurity with data product management experience.
- Ability to understand complex and technical concepts and translate them into simplified product attributes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, competitive, high-pressure environment.
- Aptitude to understand security (infra and data) in different areas of ecommerce products and services like website, mobile, OMS, supply chain and delivery.
- Experience with Cyber Security products, Threat Protection, Threat Mitigation, or Unified Threat Management.
- Knowledge of Security Operations Center and Security Information and Event Management processes.
- Ability to lead large, cross-functional teams in order to achieve business goals and results.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively and independently.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and synthesize recommendations.
- Technical problem-solving experience in current technology implementations
- A strong customer focus and communication skills to deliver technical concepts in a clear and concise manner to all levels of the organization.
- Persistence and passion about quality of work
- Ability to successfully elicit and record requirements keeping in mind all downstream impacts to other teams and/or systems
- Experience working with JIRA and Confluence
- Agile DNA
- CISSP Certification.
- Experience working in the Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)