Senior Technical Product Manager, Product Details Page Platform
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world-class experiences on our web sites and apps. We are organized into small, focused, fully-resourced, and empowered teams to operate with the speed and focus of a startup, while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to lead the Product Details Page (PDP) Platform team. You will be responsible for scaling the PDP platform and enabling the page to support high amounts of differentiation by various class or user segments. You will also be tasked with delivering lightning fast shopping experiences on PDP by building, testing, teaching, and evangelizing performance technology for the page. The PDP should feel fast, work on slow or nonexistent connections, and respond instantly to interactions with smooth transitions. As a strong Senior Technical Product Manager you will work closely with talented engineers and other product managers to build a best-in-class PDP platform and a integrate cutting edge performance technology.
You will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, analysts, and other internal partners to envision, build, and deliver customer experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers. You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities. You transform those strategies into technical requirements, and work closely with design and engineering to deliver site enhancements and new features at a fast pace. As the CEO of your product(s), youll be responsible for wearing any and all hats. You will own your roadmap, maniacally measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customer and business. And if youre doing it right, youre having a ton of fun and learning every day.
The Product Details Page is viewed by millions of Wayfair customers every day and it seeks to solve four discrete customer problems:
- Allow our customer to quickly and effectively evaluate a product to make a confident purchase decision
- Allow our customer to derive value through clear and actionable offers of complementary products, services and offers
- Provide effective tools for finding substitute products or easy-to-use mechanisms for reaching other experiences of interest to that customer
- Provide a fast and stable user experience
How youll drive success:
- Product Managers at Wayfair are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Using Agile methodologies, they develop software intended for our US, UK, DE and Canada sites, in addition to Wayfairs additional lifestyle brands.
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure impact of your product enhancements
- Determine resourcing needs for your team and make compelling requests for additions when required.
Youre who were looking for if you have:
- Strong technical background and a proven track record of solving complex problems with technology
- Significant/meaningful experience in ecommerce or B2C product management
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing practices a plus
- BS/MS with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative and technical backgrounds)
- 5-7 years of technical product management experience required