Senior Data Science Product/Program Manager, Machine Learning
Wayfairs Data Science team builds algorithmic systems that enhance our customer experience, improve customer loyalty, and ultimately drive our bottom line. We build ML products and reinforcement learning systems that power millions of on-site and off-site marketing and personalization decisions.
As a Technical Product/Program Manager for the Customer Genome team, you will work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure there is strong alignment between Wayfairs business objectives and our algorithmic solutions. Youll quarterback the roadmap, planning, and delivery of key ML capabilities focused on enabling more personalized recommendations by developing customer embeddings that capture customers stylistic preferences. Youll lead the charge by rallying a team of highly skilled data scientists, ML engineers, analysts, and fellow product managers on this high-visibility initiative. Our technology helps millions of customers create a home they love by helping them find exactly what they need from our selection of more than 18 million items.
What You'll Do
- Work with key business stakeholders to define the product vision and strategy, working backwards from the customer and challenging the status quo
- Translate the high-level vision to a cohesive roadmap and own the end-to-end delivery of ML products from conception to prototyping, testing, deploying, & impact measurement
- Make sound trade-offs, define suitable success metrics, and use data-driven insights to guide further roadmap definition, scope, and feature prioritization
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and informed architecture choices
- Write crisp monthly updates for executive audiences (C-Level, VP) highlighting progress made, success metrics, next major milestones, and any major risks or roadblocks.
- Work with engineering leads on sprint planning, daily standup meetings, retrospectives, resource allocation, and project management against roadmap execution
- Develop and own communication strategy for both technical and business stakeholders (including OKR tracking, sprint retrospectives, documentation, and biweekly updates)
What You'll Need
- An obsession with the customer and ability to empathize; a natural bias towards taking a customer-centric lens in how we frame, approach, and solve complex problems
- 6+ years of product management experience ideally with ML-based products built on massive datasets to solve large-scale problems
- Experience delivering in an agile development environment and leading x-functional teams composed of Data Scientists, ML Engineers, Data Engineers, Analysts, etc.
- Familiarity with modern ML tech-stack and experience with microservices architectures
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization, generate buy-in for ideas, and keep senior management up to date on program status, risks, and path to success
- Exposure to machine-learning model lifecycle; training, evaluation, serving
- Sufficient technical literacy to both understand business needs and the underpinnings of our product vision as well as effectively communicate with engineers and data scientists.
- Solid SQL/data wrangling skills, ability to tell stories via data-driven insights and visualization using tools such as Looker
- Most importantly, a positive can-do attitude and no excuses mentality that pushes through issues with creative solutions and tenacity
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.