Senior Technical Product Manager, Data
Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We have thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on Brightcoves cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere. Brightcove is also the place for talented, creative and passionate people who are excited about new technologies and being on the cutting edge of Internet TV and web development. We have a culture which values empowerment, individual and team excellence, honesty, and customer centricity. If you are smart and have a high drive to get things done, we want to work with you!
As Senior Technical Product Manager for our data team, you will own the roadmap and vision for Brightcoves reporting and analytics, with a particular focus on reports and analytics for customers. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a strong background in the analytics product space and has worked with large scale SaaS data collection platforms, especially related to Internet media distribution.
- Be the go-to subject matter expert for data products at Brightcove
- Communicate constantly with stakeholders, setting and continually managing expectations while fostering a culture of total transparency
- Gather insight from customers and the field to drive features and requirements
- Lead cross-functional teams through the product lifecycle including design, engineering, operations, sales and marketing
- Dream up new features and constantly find ways to improve and simplify existing products
- Own the vision and execution of business intelligence tools used by internal teams to provide best-in-class service to customers
- Develop a deep understanding of our products, services, competitors, and the and our technology stack
- Act as a tireless advocate for customers and end users
- 4+ years of experience in software and/or product development in the online video industry
- 4+ years of experience with Agile and/or LEAN development methodology
- Demonstrated ability to use exceptional communication skills to gather technical feedback and turn it into product features
- Proven ability to drive results from engineering teams
- Fluency in one or more analytics product suites - both audience and/or QoS analytics
- Ability to link all requirements to the underlying business value and constantly separate the "what" from the "how"
- Data-driven to a fault with a strong inclination for segmenting and analyzing data
- Ability to work effectively and establish authority in a matrixed environment
- Experience in Media preferred
- Subject matter expertise in big data, machine learning, streaming video, and SAAS offerings is a big plus
- Experience or formal training in computer science or a quantitative discipline such as statistics is a plus
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!