Immuta was founded in 2015 based on a specific mission to build a platform that accelerates self-service access and control of sensitive data. Immutas award-winning automated data governance software platform creates trust across security, legal, compliance, and business teams so they can work together to ensure timely access to critical business data with minimal risks. Our automated, scalable, no code approach makes it easy for users to access the data they need, when they need it, while protecting sensitive data and ensuring their customers privacy.
Our Mission is clear. Enable the legal and ethical use of data. How we approach this mission is also clear!
We are mission focused. Born out of a government mission, we understand why data is about more than just analytics - it also represents our values. Our mission is to enable the legal and ethical use of data, ensuring that data is accessible to only those who need it, for the right reasons, and in the proper form.
We are humble intellects. We are experts in privacy, ethics, law, and engineering. But true expertise requires constant change - to always learn and to always adapt. And that means we excel as students and as teachers. We have something to learn from everyone, at any time, in any place.
We are independent achievers. We dont need guidance to get things done, yet we know when to ask for help. We accomplish our mission while upholding our values, whatever it takes.
We are helpful and caring. For us, life is about the values we uphold, not the credit we receive or the attention we garner. We operate with respect and consideration of our peers, acting with empathy, honesty, transparency, and integrity.
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining Immutas database policy-push engine allowing complex data policies to be enforced within SaaS data warehouses. Your technical leadership will help us to stay well aligned with our technology partners in the data warehouse space positively impacting many of our existing customers.
This is a technical product management position. You will be expected to have an advanced understanding of Presto, delta, data warehouses, data engineering, analytical query processing, APIs, cloud compute technologies, ETL/ELT tech and SQL.
This role will help to lead a prioritization process that establishes a concise picture of what our customers value alongside a clear picture of how much engineering effort is required to deliver that value. You will help to ensure that we plan our product releases in an efficient, orderly manner that gives us ever increasing visibility into the future of Immutas roadmap.
Technical Product Managers are passionate about solving complex technical problems while delivering business impacting results, an excellent customer experience, achieving product objectives, and working with multiple partners.
Your day to day will involve:
- Participating in team stand ups daily.
- Collaborating with our customers, cross-functional leaders and other product squads.
- Updating and socializing the roadmap and planning board for your product squad.
- Writing product spec one-pagers that clearly, concisely establish the what and the why for product improvements related to your domain.
- Partnering with your technical team to establish a documented tech plan and QA plan for approved product specs.
- Ensuring that cross-functional teams are ready with the resources, information and processes required to support the release of new product features related to your initiatives (training, playbooks, documentation, resolution paths, FAQs, etc.)
- Tracking metrics that speak to the health and success of your product areas.
- Ensuring that all prioritized items and upcoming backlog items have documented requirements, a measurable definition of success and a definition of done.
- When items lack this clarity, you will work with the team to gather the needed detail. Producing technical documentation and prototypes that help to prove and communicate advanced concepts.
- Close partnership with the QA team and getting hands-on to help test.
- Participating in our OKR process for effective tracking of our key objectives
- Partnering with the VP of Product to keep a well groomed product backlog.
Some things we consider important for this role:
- Advanced understanding of data platforms, query processing and cloud technology. As a senior member of the team, we will look to you for leadership in a highly technical area. The ideal candidate enjoys getting hands-on with advanced technology and nerds out playing with new tech.
- Experienced with building scalable analytical & AI systems. Deep understanding of data technologies and query engines like Presto. You should have a background in cloud architecture and have demonstrated the ability to build and deploy analytical and/or AI systems in clouds like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience as a senior technical product manager. This is a critical area of the product. We are looking for someone who has a strong track record of success leading complex, technical products.
- A data engineer-at-heart. In another life, you were a data engineer. You understand that world well and enjoy it. Youve found that your most valuable spot to be helping data teams focus on solving the correct problems. You can lead and contribute to technical planning.
- Comfortable with analysis and data. Our ideal candidate is comfortable generating and refining hypotheses from a wide range of data sets. You can turn data into stories that have a meaningful, concise narrative.
Virtues that Make Product Team Members Successful:
- High Integrity -- You deliver your commitments on-time without someone pushing you to do so. If you make a verbal commitment, you deliver it.
- Domain expertise -- Data engineering and data platforms are in your DNA. You have a solid understanding of the cloud data domain and the modern data stack.
- Impactful -- You value impact. Everything you do as a Product Manager is in service of the customer and the business.
- Productive -- We have a lot to do. You are able to put your head down and GSD. You consistently produce high quality outcomes.
- Flexible & Adaptable -- You are comfortable being uncomfortable. You adapt to the evidence that we collect and to the voice of the customer to find the next right step.
- Bias Towards Informed Action -- You value running to contact while collecting evidence and building convincing business cases for your team. You understand that we learn fastest and best when we are out of our comfort zone.
- Deep Customer Empathy -- You value spending time with our customers and prospects. The product that we build is in service of them. You work hard to break the echo chamber, find the voice of the customer and advocate for their needs to the team.
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.