At Burgess, we are passionate about providing healthcare payors with technology that enables them to innovate, reduce costs, and address the business imperatives of the evolving healthcare economy. As we continue to grow, we are continuously looking for ways to provide the best possible implementation experience for our clients.
The Senior Technical Consultant performs client-facing consulting and delivery of technical tasks associated with the implementation of Burgess products as part of the service delivery team. The right candidate will work closely with all internal departments, as necessary, navigate through operational and technical day-to-day client challenges to ensure client satisfaction and resolve issues in a timely fashion.
What you will do:
- Support the assessment of the client's current systems, data sources, interfaces, trading partners and processes, with outcomes that result in a client workflow integration plan
- Capture technical and functional business requirements for non-standard integrations and extracts as required by the implementation
- Provide appropriate input on customer work breakdown, determine timelines and estimates for technical tasks within the implementation statement of work
- Continually reviews and analyzes existing client workflows and practices and participates in the planning to integrate those workflows into Burgess Source
- Striving to improve process; isolating areas for improvement and delivering change for effectiveness and efficiency
- Properly enter all client requests into the tracking system. Manages interactions with internal product and SME teams to ensure timely resolution and communication/status to the client
- Create customizable client-facing reports for reviewing the issues
- Follow all policies related to handling and access to client and PHI data
- Support the development team with participation in detailed designs sessions, test data creation and functional testing tasks
- Execute out-of-the-box data conversion, import and export processes. Work with client to address exceptions and report progress
- Assist with set-up and testing of HIPAA/EDI transactions
- Execute and support systems and partner integration testing, reports, and correspondence testing
- Support client with capturing defects, performing initial triage, tracking and re-testing remediation
- Contribute to training as necessary for a smooth transition to the operations team at go-live
- Perform configuration migration and other production readiness technical tasks
- Perform all job functions consistent with HealthEdge & Burgess policies and procedures, including those which govern the handling of PHI and PII
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience in the health insurance industry, preferably with healthcare insurance payors
- Restful API understanding and experience using JSON and Postman knowledge, API experience and SOAPUI experience helpful
- Knowledge of CMS 1500 and UB04 claims forms.
- Solid understanding of Medicare claim pricing and editing.
- Experience in a customer-facing role working on professional services engagements
- Experience with requirements gathering and analysis of enterprise applications
- Working knowledge of the HIPAA EDI frameworks
- Experience working with complex data analysis and data migrations, including source-to-target data mapping, transformation, transport, and results reconciliation
- An understanding of XML and JSON
- Experience with multiple database systems including Oracle and SQL-Server
- Experience managing and manipulating data such as executing ETL processes
- Experience working on projects using Scrum or other agile processes
- A four-year degree with a high interest in CS, CE, or related fields
- Experience with Jira, Target Process, ServiceNow or similar issue tracking system.
*Burgess Group is a division of HealthEdge Software Inc