Senior Technical Accountant
This role will join our Finance and Accounting Team in Boston. The role will be responsible for providing technical accounting guidance and interpretations to the finance organization and other constituents, determining accounting treatments for complex transactions, coordinating and interfacing with external financial statement auditors for domestic and foreign audits and complex policy matters, identifying and implementing best practices in various accounting, treasury and finance functions and executing various project based assignments. This position will be involved in analysis and memo preparation related to complex transactions, accounting policy research and implementation, and preparation of domestic and foreign financial statements. This role will also be a key contributor in developing an internal control structure, including identifying and implementing best practices and process improvements. This role reports to the Associate Director, Technical Accounting and Reporting.
- Assist with overseeing the Company’s global accounting policies, particularly complex and non-routine issues, to ensure ongoing compliance with US GAAP.
- Monitor and implement new accounting standards under US GAAP, including lease accounting standard.
- Prepare technical memos and analysis to support complex transactions such as business combinations, consolidations, revenue recognition, leases and debt, among others.
- Draft financial statements and accompanying footnotes and assist with SEC or other statutory financial statement filings.
- Assist with coordinating the Company’s external audits (and any quarterly or other interim reviews) for the combined company, SEC-registered broker-dealer and several foreign subsidiaries.
- Assist and advise on implementation of internal controls, including preparation of process narratives, risk and control matrices, gap analyses, process flow documentation and coordination and training for stakeholders during internal control roll out.
- Assist with quarterly lender reporting.
- Coordinate annual surveys from US government authorities.
- Prepare and update policy documentation as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required
- At least 3 years of accounting experience, including public accounting and/or high-growth software technology company strongly preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate is strongly preferred
- Must have knowledge of GAAP principles; including revenue recognition (knowledge of software industry and SaaS revenue accounting a plus), debt, equity, business combinations, consolidations
- Experience with implementation or testing of internal controls is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft AX, NetSuite and similar ERP’s not required, but is a plus
- Intermediate or advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Readiness to embrace and successfully drive/implement change, with ability to apply practical solutions and navigate through ambiguity
- Team player; comfortable operating within a dynamic, complex organizational structure and able to be flexible and collaborate with team on different projects and needs
Who We Are:
We are a trusted and proven partner to the investment community. We complement our award winning investment workflow technology with expert global customer service. We pride ourselves on fully understanding each client’s unique needs and advising them on best practices and processes to maximize their operational and investment alpha. Our team is made up of more than 1,000 global employees in 11 locations worldwide. We are headquartered in Boston, with offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, London, New York, Rio De Janeiro, San Francisco, Singapore, Stamford, and Sydney.
We are a highly dedicated team of innovators and experts who love to collaborate on the cutting edge. We service our clients’ unique and growing needs with highly configurable, expansive, and integrated products for the entire investment process and community and we are never satisfied until our customers are delighted. We celebrate this passion and commitment by fostering a culture that promotes innovation, growth, communication and achievement from the bottom up. We nurture the entrepreneurial spirit and welcome productive debated. We encourage open communications and upward feedback, we learn quickly from our mistakes, challenge the status quo – all while remaining accountable to our colleagues and clients. We also understand work is a big part of life, so having fun and celebrating hard work is core within our culture.