Senior Tax Associate
We are looking for a Senior Tax Associate to join our Accounting team within our Finance division. Your job will be to participate in all aspects of the company’s tax compliance, planning, controversy, and financial reporting efforts. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are a self-motivated and process-oriented individual who possess a strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and interpersonal skills and adapts quickly.
The Team: Our Tax team is responsible for athenahealth’s worldwide tax functions, including U.S. and foreign tax compliance direct and indirect tax compliance, transfer pricing, R&D studies and general tax operations.
- Assist the Director of Tax on identifying the tax implications of any research and planning projects
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly and annual tax accounting calculations under ASC 740, quarterly and annual federal and state related tax compliance (Federal and State income tax returns, estimated tax payments, extensions)
- Maintain the tax calendar, reconcile tax accounts, respond to tax notices
- Preparation of tax filings, including sales/use, personal property tax and unclaimed property
- 3+ years of corporate accounting or tax experience in a public accounting firm or large organization
- Working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), especially those relating to tax reporting (I.E. ASC 740 and 718)
- Federal and state compliance experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you’re curious, passionate and want to connect with work that matters, you’ve come to the right place. At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. At the heart of athenahealth's culture is unconditional positive regard for one another, our customers, their patients and our community. We take time to celebrate diversity and our accomplishments, and strive to be powerfully relevant and refreshingly candid in everything we do.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.