Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
As Senior Tax Analyst, you will report to the Director of Tax and Treasury and will have a broad scope of responsibilities across the Tax function. The individual will need to be a great teammate with strong analytical skills/intellectual curiosity and constantly thinking of process improvement.
What You'll Do:
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist with required tax reporting calculations and reviews, provide inputs into quarterly and annual SEC filing, and ensure SOX compliance
- Assist with US income and non-income tax compliance such as Federal/State corporate tax, property/franchise/sales & uses tax, transfer pricing etc.
- Assist with international tax compliance including Corporate and VAT returns
- Assist with tax audits and notices, including drafting written responses to tax authorities
- Prepare/review technical tax memos supporting positions tackled tax provision and returns
- Bring together standard methodologies and lessons learned to nurture continuous improvements in process, tools, communication, and training
- Assist with ad hoc tax projects as they arise
Who You Are:
- 4-6 years dynamic work-related experience with a Big-4 public accounting firm or equivalent in industry
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required; CPA certification valued (not required)
- Good understanding of US GAAP tax reporting requirements with a good proven understanding of OneSource Tax Provision software
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with strong problem-solving skills and ability to manage his/her own schedule
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfortable interacting with colleagues in a professional and conducive manner
- A motivated phenomenal teammate with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Stay ahead of developments in tax laws, pronouncements, and interpretations skillset
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.